I got the latest version of slashem, but with every few actions the
screen does a little blink sort've thing. Very annoying, and enough to
make me give it up entirely and stick with Nethack (Which I've never
gotten very far in.) Anyone know what's wrong with slash'em?

Svein Ove Aas wrote:
> Milesprower254@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> > I got the latest version of slashem, but with every few actions the
> > screen does a little blink sort've thing. Very annoying, and enough
> > make me give it up entirely and stick with Nethack (Which I've
never
> > gotten very far in.) Anyone know what's wrong with slash'em?
>
> The blink is probably from Slash'em printing a BEL character, which
it
> shouldn't, really. What sort of terminal are you using?

Win32, Vampire 2.0, the one that looks like the latest verion of
vanilla. Except for my dang blink.

You should send an email to Ali. He is really good at addressing
problems.

tiny k

tiny k wrote:
> You should send an email to Ali. He is really good at addressing
> problems.
>
> tiny k

What's his e-mail?

Oh, and would it make any difference that I'm using small, vanilla-like
tiles?

Max Gene <Milesprower254@yahoo.com> wrote:

> tiny k wrote:
>> You should send an email to Ali. He is really good at addressing
>> problems.
>
> What's his e-mail?

ali@juiblex.co.uk, but please use the sourceforge tracker for this kind
of issue (either bugs or support requests). That way other people may be
able to help you and I can manage my time more efficiently:

bugs: http://sourceforge.net/bugs/?group_id=9746
support requests: http://sourceforge.net/support/?group_id=9746

As it happens I think this is almost certainly bug 1105929,
reported by Steve Leis.

> Oh, and would it make any difference that I'm using small, vanilla-like
> tiles?

It seems to affect the common controls (native win32) interface. Switching
to another interface (such as Gtk) would be a solution of that's acceptable
for you.

Cheers,

Ali.