[s] grayswandir wishing question

peter

As a Lawful Barbarian, I just wasted a wand-of-wishing wish asking for
'blessed fixed +3 grayswandir'. The message was: "For a moment you feel
something in your hands, but it disappears!" Do I re-wish and risk
wasting another? I already have Firewall and the Sword of Justice, but I
wanted a kickass weapon. What else should I wish for as a Lawful, by the
way? I haven't done Sokoban as yet so I'm not sure whether to go GDSM or
SDSM.

Thanks!

Peter wrote:
> As a Lawful Barbarian, I just wasted a wand-of-wishing wish asking for
> 'blessed fixed +3 grayswandir'. The message was: "For a moment you feel
> something in your hands, but it disappears!" Do I re-wish and risk
> wasting another? I already have Firewall and the Sword of Justice, but I
> wanted a kickass weapon. What else should I wish for as a Lawful, by the
> way? I haven't done Sokoban as yet so I'm not sure whether to go GDSM or
> SDSM.
>
> Thanks!

I don't play , but I'm pretty sure the attributes affect your chance
of getting it. Try wishing for a 'cursed grayswandir' or something.

If you don't have MR yet, wish for something to get it. It's far more
important than Grayswandir. And you could still get Grayswandir from
saccing, so it doesn't seem like a high priority wish.

Peter <usenet@ointment.org> wrote:
>As a Lawful Barbarian, I just wasted a wand-of-wishing wish asking for
>'blessed fixed +3 grayswandir'. The message was: "For a moment you feel
>something in your hands, but it disappears!" Do I re-wish and risk
>wasting another? I already have Firewall and the Sword of Justice, but I
>wanted a kickass weapon. What else should I wish for as a Lawful, by the
>way? I haven't done Sokoban as yet so I'm not sure whether to go GDSM or
>SDSM.

In vanilla, once at least two artifacts have been generated, wishes for
further artifacts may fail; I can't see SLASH'EM being *friendlier* on
this score.

(Nethack doesn't care whether you live or die. SLASH'EM doesn't care
whether you live or die, but is going to fire automatic weapons
blindfolded in your general direction anyway.)
My roguelike games page (including my BSD-licenced roguelike) can be found at:
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~mpread/roguelikes.html
bounce. bounce. bounce. bounce bounce bounce bounce.

On Mon, 16 May 2005, Peter wrote:

> As a Lawful Barbarian, I just wasted a wand-of-wishing wish asking for
> 'blessed fixed +3 grayswandir'. The message was: "For a moment you feel
> something in your hands, but it disappears!" Do I re-wish and risk
> wasting another? I already have Firewall and the Sword of Justice, but I
> wanted a kickass weapon. What else should I wish for as a Lawful, by the
> way? I haven't done Sokoban as yet so I'm not sure whether to go GDSM or
> SDSM.

If you haven't done Soko yet, delay wishing. You seem to already have
sufficient weapon for dealing with Sokoban.
Then, max out your luck (throw ided gems at co-aligned unicorns) before
wishing (I think you may lose wishes if wishing with negative luck).

Wish for the correct DSM depending on the prize you get at Soko, wish for
the wallet of Perseus if needed (better than regular BoH). Don't forget to
wish for scrolls of charging if you don't know them already. Wish for
speed boots, they'll probably help you more than Grayswandir (even if
Barbarian are already fast, being very fast is still better).

If you still have wishes to burn and didn't get a decent weapon via
sacrifice, then go for an artifact weapon.

Don't forget you can also dip for Excalibur hich is a really nice mid-game
weapon.

Hypocoristiquement,
Jym.

TRENDING THREADS