Question s.m.a.r.t status bad backup and replace & I checked disk with other pograms and they say disk is ok !!!!!!

Sep 5, 2020
Peace, I got this bios message when I start the computer "s.m.a.r.t status bad backup and replace" I checked the disk with "Western Digital Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Windows" and "CrystalDiskInfo" and "HDSentinel" and "disks program on ubuntu" and all of them said disk is ok so I'm confused before this problem occurred my pc freeze on Asus bios logo"common problem with this motherboards when restarting pc when there is a bootable USB stick as I believe" so I have to unplug all disks from the motherboard and put bootable USB stick on USB so I can pass the Asus bios logo, after that this particular disk disappeared from pc, so I unplugged it and plugged it again" I guess it wasn't connected right" and the disk appeared again but with this error message immediately, so which one should I believe bios or disk programs????

my PC spec:
Intel Core i7-4790K
ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK 1
AMD Radeon RX Vega 56
20 GB ram ddr3
hard disk with the problem: WDC WD10EZRX-00A8LB0

hnMYxNG.png
y9K1Ak7.png
vdZCiud.png
v8ck2g5.png
gH7afNp.png
QVQ4gjY.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 5, 2020
AFAICT the raw value of the read error rate should ideally be 0. I would monitor this attribute.

That said, no attribute has fallen below its threshold, so I don't understand why BIOS is reporting a bad SMART status.
thanks for your reply, now when I turn on the computer the problem message not shown anymore!!!!!! as I think the message should appear every time I turn on the computer...... this is strange, I guess the whole thing is bios fault... maybe.

TRENDING THREADS