S/pdif audio connection to my video card hdmi

saguarochoi

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
I like to use hdmi from video card to connect to hdtv.

My video card has s/pdif input pins on it, but my motherboard (intel dg965wh) does not have s/pdif output pins.

Q1: So, I need to get a sound card that has s/pdif output pins to be connected to video card's s/pdif input pins, right? (yes/no)

Q2: If Q1 is "yes", I searched sound card with s/pdif output pins, but it's hard to find one or ones available have bad reviews. Anyone could suggest for me to look for any sound card models?

Q3: any other better soulution?

Thanks so much!!

henryong

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
hey saguarochoi,

Did you ever find a solution for this? I have the same motherboard and looking to do the exact same thing.

let me know what you did,
thanks

G

Auzentech X-Plosion 7.1 cinema has an spdif out.

Now, what graphics card will accept the spdif and also has an HDMI (not DVI) out put?

pbrigido

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2008

pbrigido

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2008
Update: I got the product I listed and wow does it work great! I output my video through DVI from my video card and my digital audio (using the optical connection) from my sound card into this device. All I had to do was plug in my HDMI cable from the device to the HDMI on my LCD TV and it works flawlessly. I was expecting problems with playback, but I just watched The Dark Knight last night and it was absolutely flawless.

TRENDING THREADS