Question S/PDIF? Why not analog?

Nov 1, 2019
Today i reinstalled windows 7. The same version which i had before. After Reinstall windows says that i have S/PDIF Digital audio. But i have analog cable speakers not digital.
I don't have any audio now. I tried to uninstall that S/PDIF driver and reinstall with windows update, manually downloaded and installed audio drivers for my motherboard and it always after driver install says that it is S/PDIF and no audio again. I can not enable Speakers in Playback devices. I can not change speaker to default device.
My mobo does not even support S/PDIF output.
(Speakers are working, tested on my 2nd pc)
I tried everything. Does not matter what i do, it always stays S/PDIF.
Chipset/Windows and ALL other drivers are up to date.
I need help with this problem!

My mobo is = Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. F2A55M-S1 (P0)

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Which revision is your board? Rev1 or 3?

Did you grab Pg397 driver? Same driver for both revisions anyway.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-F2A55M-S1-rev-10/support#support-dl

Make sure to run the installer as administrator and possibly turn off UAC for now.

Your motherboard does have spdif header (two pins) on the motherboard, right side of F_audio header. This shouldn't be the reason though, something else hasn't been installed right. Win7 completely updated?

Have you installed chipset driver?

Nov 1, 2019
Which revision is your board? Rev1 or 3?

Did you grab Pg397 driver? Same driver for both revisions anyway.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-F2A55M-S1-rev-10/support#support-dl

Make sure to run the installer as administrator and possibly turn off UAC for now.

Your motherboard does have spdif header (two pins) on the motherboard, right side of F_audio header. This shouldn't be the reason though, something else hasn't been installed right. Win7 completely updated?

Have you installed chipset driver?
Rev3 Mobo.
Yes i tried that driver also.
I formatted my SSD and installed Win10 from usb and i still have the same problem.
UAC is always off for me.
Win7 was updated yes.
I think there is no fix for this.

Nov 1, 2019
Where abouts are you connecting speakers? Rear of case or are you using front panel audio on case?

Do you have speaker option icon in playback devices?

Show us a screenshot if you can
1.png

2.png

I tried both, front and rear! Realtek HD audio Manager does not even see that audio jack is plugged in.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Ok so because Realtek hasn't detected audio jack plugged in (Which you know), it's defaulting to optical, this is normal as far as Realtek is concerned. So optical isn't the problem here, it's something else preventing Realtek detecting the audio jack connection.

Is your case wired to F_header on the motherboard for the front jacks to work?

Try replug the rear green jack, you've probably done this a million times but if you haven't, try reconnect it.

Also try driver from Realtek.com for your audio chip ALC887

Nov 1, 2019
Ok so because Realtek hasn't detected audio jack plugged in (Which you know), it's defaulting to optical, this is normal as far as Realtek is concerned. So optical isn't the problem here, it's something else preventing Realtek detecting the audio jack connection.

Try replug the rear green jack, you've probably done this a million times but if you haven't, try reconnect it.

I will try to replug that jack. Download driver now. I will let you know soon.

Nov 1, 2019

Tried all that and nothing helped. I am stil stuck with S/PDIF

Nov 1, 2019
You don't have multiple audio wires down there mistakingly connected the wrong cable 😁?
No. Before i reinstalled windows i had audio. I did not open case and nobody touched PC. I just simply reinstalled windows and now i have this problem.
I asked that question on 3 different forums and nobody knows where is the problem.