Discussion S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl ! NEW screenshots released.

Hey guys,

I don't know about you all, but I really enjoyed playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R SoC and Clear Sky. Did not like the open-world random gameplay events in Call of Pripyat though. They still have to iron out a lot of bugs and glitches.

Nonetheless, coming back to the topic at hand, it appears that GSC GameWorld has released three new screenshots for the highly anticipated S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl. These new in-engine screenshots showcase what the team has been able to achieve with Epic’s Unreal Engine 5. And, to be honest, they look pretty bad to me. Kind of a horrible downgrade, if you ask me.

Okay, we all can agree the game might be in a very early stage of production/development, but these "generic" screenshots don't justify anything.

As for the game itself, STALKER 2 aims to feature an epic, non-linear story. Furthermore, your choices will influence both short-term consequences and global outcomes. The game will take place inside the Chernobyl exclusion zone, and it will have new locations along with the old ones.

GSC GameWorld has confirmed that it will be using motion-capture for both bodies and faces, as well as photogrammetry. Additionally, the game will support mods at launch day, and will support Ray Tracing effects. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chernobyl will be using Unreal Engine 5 and will release in 2023.

STALKER-2-Heart-of-Chornobyl-new-screenshots-1.jpg

STALKER-2-Heart-of-Chornobyl-new-screenshots-2.jpg

STALKER-2-Heart-of-Chornobyl-new-screenshots-3.jpg

These screenshots posted on STEAM back in Dec 2021 look pretty good though.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl - New screenshots from the Zone! - Steam News (steampowered.com)

sucks this game has suffered such delays and could possibly face even more with the situation in the Ukraine region.

the S.T.A.L.K.E.R series has been one of my favorites since the first time playing Shadow of Chernobyl like 14 years ago.
i still replay the whole series every couple years with the help of some good graphics & gameplay mods. it's amazing how it can still hold up even against modern games.
the Lost Alpha overhaul mod is also cool to play adding some content & features to SoC that didn't make it into the final release.

i can't wait to try out Heart of Chernobyl. one of my most anticipated games ever i think.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
The series is pretty good, no doubt, but I'm skeptical whether they will deliver a polished product or not. There are so many hurdles and delays with GSC GameWorld these days. Hope they don't downgrade the graphics as well.

And yes, LOST ALPHA mod is awesome. There are still a few bugs, but it's a good and worthy modification.