[S] "You are covered in sparkling lights! You feel a stran..

Please spoil me about the implications of the last two sentences in this
quote from a recent SlashEM game:

"[...] zaps an oak wand! You are covered in sparkling lights! You feel a
strange sense of loss."

I suspect that was a wand of cancellation. Does this cancellation of my
character work like cancellation of monsters? I could not find any
cancelled item in my inventory, but I could have missed one of course.
Would it give different messages if it succeeds in cancelling than if it
does not?

/Kristoffer

--
This cookie has a scrap of paper inside. It reads:
Gurl fnl gung fpnycryf orpbzr qhyy orpnhfr gurl'er abg ngunzrf.

On 2005-04-02, Kristoffer Björkman <kristoffer.bjorkman@frontnet.org> wrote:

> Please spoil me about the implications of the last two sentences in this
> quote from a recent SlashEM game:
>
> "[...] zaps an oak wand! You are covered in sparkling lights! You feel a
> strange sense of loss."
>
> I suspect that was a wand of cancellation. Does this cancellation of my
> character work like cancellation of monsters? I could not find any
> cancelled item in my inventory, but I could have missed one of course.
> Would it give different messages if it succeeds in cancelling than if it
> does not?

The sparkling lights means you were hit by cancellation.
The sense of loss means at least one of your items was cancelled,
althought iirc, it could be one for which the cancellation had no
real effect...

--
Andrew D. Hilton
UPenn Phd Student