s26361-w2

Hi!

My name is Cassandra and I am new here and I would appreciate some help. I
have a mainboard s26361-w2, but I can't find a manual for it. All I can find
is that it is a mainboard from Siemens. I need the manual because I don't
know how to make it recognize my PII 350mhz cpu. I don't know how to explain
it in english, but I need the manual for changing the settings on the board
for a PII 350mhz cpu. I don't know what you call that thing on the board,
but I hope you know what I mean. Before I had PII 266mhz cpu. I don't know
if the board support it either. Can anybody help me, please?

Thanks

Cassandra

jad

http://manuals.fujitsu-siemens.com/peripheral.html

You have to have the 'model' number of the 'system' rather than just
the mainboard number

"JAD" <jdemma25@eartink.net> skrev i meddelandet
> http://manuals.fujitsu-siemens.com/peripheral.html
>

> You have to have the 'model' number of the 'system' rather than just
> the mainboard number

Hi!

Thanks for your answer. I can't find anything on the board that says what
model number it is? I don't know what to look for. s26361 is what I can see
on the board. Are there any programs that I can use on the computer that can
identify the modelnumber or do you have any suggestions?

Thanks
Cassandra

Hi again!

I think I have found the model number and it is D981, but I can't find how
to set the jumpers for the PII 350mhz cpu. Does anyone know?

Thanks
Cassandra

"CASSANDRA APELQVIST" <cassandra33@mbox301.tele2.se> skrev i meddelandet

> "JAD" <jdemma25@eartink.net> skrev i meddelandet
> > http://manuals.fujitsu-siemens.com/peripheral.html
> >

> > You have to have the 'model' number of the 'system' rather than just
> > the mainboard number
>

> Hi!
>
> Thanks for your answer. I can't find anything on the board that says what
> model number it is? I don't know what to look for. s26361 is what I can
see
> on the board. Are there any programs that I can use on the computer that
can
> identify the modelnumber or do you have any suggestions?
>
> Thanks
> Cassandra

jad

http://manuals.fujitsu-siemens.com/PERIDOCS/SYSBOARD/A26361-D981-Z180-US.pdf

GO to jumpers and dip switches

For use of Pentium II Processors with host bus frequency of 66 MHz
only !
Don't use Processor with 100 MHz host frequency !

> Hi again!
>
> I think I have found the model number and it is D981, but I can't
find how
> to set the jumpers for the PII 350mhz cpu. Does anyone know?
>
> Thanks
> Cassandra
>
> "CASSANDRA APELQVIST" <cassandra33@mbox301.tele2.se> skrev i
meddelandet

> > "JAD" <jdemma25@eartink.net> skrev i meddelandet
> > > http://manuals.fujitsu-siemens.com/peripheral.html
> > >

> > > You have to have the 'model' number of the 'system' rather than
just
> > > the mainboard number
> >

> > Hi!
> >
> > Thanks for your answer. I can't find anything on the board that
says what
> > model number it is? I don't know what to look for. s26361 is what
I can
> see
> > on the board. Are there any programs that I can use on the
computer that
> can
> > identify the modelnumber or do you have any suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Cassandra

Hi again!

Thanks. I have a PII 300 mhz but I don't know the host bus frequency of it.
How can I find out? I guess I can't use celeron 333mhz/66mhz!?

http://manuals.fujitsu-siemens.com/PERIDOCS/SYSBOARD/A26361-D981-Z180-US.pdf

> GO to jumpers and dip switches
>
> For use of Pentium II Processors with host bus frequency of 66 MHz
> only !
> Don't use Processor with 100 MHz host frequency !
>

> "CASSANDRA APELQVIST" <cassandra33@mbox301.tele2.se> wrote in message
> > Hi again!
> >
> > I think I have found the model number and it is D981, but I can't
> find how
> > to set the jumpers for the PII 350mhz cpu. Does anyone know?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Cassandra
> >
> > "CASSANDRA APELQVIST" <cassandra33@mbox301.tele2.se> skrev i
> meddelandet
> > >
> > > "JAD" <jdemma25@eartink.net> skrev i meddelandet

> just
> > >

> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > Thanks for your answer. I can't find anything on the board that
> says what
> > > model number it is? I don't know what to look for. s26361 is what
> I can
> > see
> > > on the board. Are there any programs that I can use on the
> computer that
> > can
> > > identify the modelnumber or do you have any suggestions?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Cassandra

jad

you know that is not my expertise, the knowing of celeron bus
frequency and whether they are swappable for a PII. The list does not
show a 'celeron' but it does show a 333/66 setting. It does show a
300/66 PII setting so I think that will work. I don't know when the
PII series(233-400) went to the 100mhz bus. I believe it wasn't until
the 350 - 450 series, so that PII 300 should work.

..