S2Uni: Exercise crazed sims

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

I built a really kick-butt student center. There's a game room, hot
tubs, a library, shops, a music hall, cafeteria...and a gym. Every
single sim who visits the lot (other than the ones I'm controlling)
heads straight to the gym, ignoring all the other fun stuff. They
work out until they develop a green cloud, then they leave the lot
(ignoring the showers I built right next to the gym!).

It's driving me nuts. I want them to play with all the other cool
stuff. I've gotten so fed up with it, that I'm planning on converting
the gym into a computer/study hall or something and bulding a gym on
another lot.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Kim
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

It freaked me out the first time it happened in my game.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

KimM wrote:
> I built a really kick-butt student center. There's a game room, hot
> tubs, a library, shops, a music hall, cafeteria...and a gym. Every
> single sim who visits the lot (other than the ones I'm controlling)
> heads straight to the gym, ignoring all the other fun stuff. They
> work out until they develop a green cloud, then they leave the lot
> (ignoring the showers I built right next to the gym!).
>
> It's driving me nuts. I want them to play with all the other cool
> stuff. I've gotten so fed up with it, that I'm planning on converting
> the gym into a computer/study hall or something and bulding a gym on
> another lot.
>
> Has anyone experienced anything like this?
>
> Kim

Gee, wish I were that fanatical about exercise! :)

--
--Cuth
 

noname

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2004
109
0
18,680
Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Cuthbert Gurdlestone" <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:4256C7C0.5030501@earthlink.net...
> KimM wrote:
>> I built a really kick-butt student center. There's a game room, hot
>> tubs, a library, shops, a music hall, cafeteria...and a gym. Every
>> single sim who visits the lot (other than the ones I'm controlling)
>> heads straight to the gym, ignoring all the other fun stuff. They
>> work out until they develop a green cloud, then they leave the lot
>> (ignoring the showers I built right next to the gym!).
>>
>> It's driving me nuts. I want them to play with all the other cool
>> stuff. I've gotten so fed up with it, that I'm planning on converting
>> the gym into a computer/study hall or something and bulding a gym on
>> another lot.
>>
>> Has anyone experienced anything like this?
>>
>> Kim
>
> Gee, wish I were that fanatical about exercise! :)



I have one sim who will drop everything to exercise. Spontaneously. Doesn't
matter where he is either. Even if he's blocking the flow of traffic in the
dining area it doesn't stop him from doing his jumping jacks or scrunches.
He's a freakin retard when it comes to exercising. Oh...and turning off the
radio. He can't walk into a room with one without fishing a remote out of
his pocket to turn the radio off. I swear he sometimes searches radios out
JUST TO turn them off. Heh.

noname
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

noname wrote:

> I have one sim who will drop everything to exercise. Spontaneously. Doesn't
> matter where he is either. Even if he's blocking the flow of traffic in the
> dining area it doesn't stop him from doing his jumping jacks or scrunches.
> He's a freakin retard when it comes to exercising. Oh...and turning off the
> radio. He can't walk into a room with one without fishing a remote out of
> his pocket to turn the radio off. I swear he sometimes searches radios out
> JUST TO turn them off. Heh.

This is the weirdest obsessive-compulsive behavior I've seen yet. I've
NEVER had a Sim exercise autonomously. Didn't think it was possible.
--
--Cuth
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:

> This is the weirdest obsessive-compulsive behavior I've seen yet. I've
> NEVER had a Sim exercise autonomously. Didn't think it was possible.

Same here! I wish mine would do that. All they want to
do is play the piano.

Laura
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Laura Castellano wrote:
> Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
>
>> This is the weirdest obsessive-compulsive behavior I've seen yet.
>> I've NEVER had a Sim exercise autonomously. Didn't think it was
>> possible.
>
>
> Same here! I wish mine would do that. All they want to
> do is play the piano.
>
> Laura

Mortimer Goth used to play the piano all the time (to the annoyance of
Dina Goth, who wanted to play other instruments of his), but the biggest
attraction ofr mst Sims is that damned wall TV. Don't ever install a
wall TV in your house; Sims who are invited over will walk past
everything else, including that meal your Sims slaved over for hours, to
go watch TV.

--
--Cuth
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

This' never happened to me! If I don't force my sims to exercise they
won't. Even if they have the "Get Fit" want. They either exercise when I
force them or when the university coach motivates them to :(


Nicole

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:

> This is the weirdest obsessive-compulsive behavior I've seen yet. I've
> NEVER had a Sim exercise autonomously. Didn't think it was possible.
 

strider

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2004
603
0
18,980
Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

>He's a freakin retard when it comes to exercising. Oh...and turning off the
>radio. He can't walk into a room with one without fishing a remote out of
>his pocket to turn the radio off. I swear he sometimes searches radios out
>JUST TO turn them off. Heh.

Obviously a Sim of great taste:). If I had to listen to the lousy
excuses for Music that come with the Sims games, I'd throw the radio
out of the window:)
 

ali

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2004
134
0
18,680
Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Strider wrote:
>
>>He's a freakin retard when it comes to exercising. Oh...and turning off the
>>radio. He can't walk into a room with one without fishing a remote out of
>>his pocket to turn the radio off. I swear he sometimes searches radios out
>>JUST TO turn them off. Heh.
>
>
> Obviously a Sim of great taste:). If I had to listen to the lousy
> excuses for Music that come with the Sims games, I'd throw the radio
> out of the window:)
>


I've turned their music off and put my favorite mp3's in the music
folders. It's much more enjoyable. You can turn their music off in
game, in the options section.

Ali
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 13:58:33 +0200, Strider <aaaa@aaa.aa> wrote:

>Obviously a Sim of great taste:). If I had to listen to the lousy
>excuses for Music that come with the Sims games, I'd throw the radio
>out of the window:)

I've started a chain of gyms in my neighbourhoods... it's called "Get
Bent" hehe ;-)
 

strider

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2004
603
0
18,980
Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 14:02:14 -0400, ali <babaonthenet@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Strider wrote:
>>
>>>He's a freakin retard when it comes to exercising. Oh...and turning off the
>>>radio. He can't walk into a room with one without fishing a remote out of
>>>his pocket to turn the radio off. I swear he sometimes searches radios out
>>>JUST TO turn them off. Heh.
>>
>>
>> Obviously a Sim of great taste:). If I had to listen to the lousy
>> excuses for Music that come with the Sims games, I'd throw the radio
>> out of the window:)
>>
>
>
>I've turned their music off and put my favorite mp3's in the music
>folders. It's much more enjoyable. You can turn their music off in
>game, in the options section.

Yes I know, that's why I haven't thrown the game away yet:)