Question S8 in 2019?

genca

Honorable
Dec 5, 2017
So im looking to change my j5 with galaxy s series. Here i can buy s8 for 370usd(new ofc), is it good buy or not? Will I get all softwares updates or not? S9 is 420usd but i dont use phone too much, so i think that it is overkill for me. Both phones are new with warranty. Camera doesnt matter-i dont use that.

My take on this is ... if I had a S8, I wouldn't bother with an upgrade to a S9 ... they're not hugely different.

But, if I were upgrading from something different (as you are), I would definitely spend the extra $50 and get the S9. Apart from updates, that snapdragon 845 processor is a nice improvement over the S8s 835. Also, you would easily recoup that $50 when the time comes to sell it ... the S9 will always be worth $50 more than the S8.

Reactions: TJ Hooker

Colif

Win 11 Master
I have an S7 edge, still good enough... so an S8 should be fine in 2019. S10 too expensive for me to even look at.

Newer versions of android adds less to experience as you go along. I don't feel I am missing anything yet.

Apr 9, 2019
So im looking to change my j5 with galaxy s series. Here i can buy s8 for 370usd(new ofc), is it good buy or not? Will I get all softwares updates or not? S9 is 420usd but i dont use phone too much, so i think that it is overkill for me. Both phones are new with warranty. Camera doesnt matter-i dont use that.

no doubt that s8 is a great choice if your are upgrading your device but if you can stretch you budget a little new s8 plus will be a bang on deal for you . If price will be a concerned you can go for s8 it is best in class and software update is little slow but surely you will get updation on that.

TRENDING THREADS