Question s9+ moisture detected error

Dec 28, 2019
Hello, my s9+ keept having to error with moisture detected(I did not put it in water once since I bought it). I researched a little and found that this is a problem that happends to a lot of phones. Yesterday when I got the error, I did not think much of it as I know if I power it off I am able to charge it, I tried multiple times but it did not work. It did not take long and the battery was dead.

I tried everything, from blowing with air, or sucking the air in the idea that if there is any moisture it will disepear. I even tried a hair dryer, obviously from a good distance, and I would use the cold air, I even tried with warm air from a pretty far so to not damage the pins. Also, when I tried to charge it, with a wire, it would not say anything like it did not make contact with the charger itself, for the note my brother has the same phone and when I tried to charge his phone it worked, so it is not from the charger.

Also very interesting, when I tried to connect it to my PC, after everything failed, it would make contact(but on the screen apears just the circle from the charging logo, it would stay like that for a while like 2 minutes I think and then I would get the warning that there is moisture detected.).

From this I concluded, that ther charging port of the phone is not the problem, and it could be from the moisture as the voltage from PC is much lower then a plug so that is why the logo appears, I put the phone in a bowl filled with rice and it was sealed until now, I tried but the same as last night. Any help would be appreciated.

edit: I also cleaned the port from any debris with a needle

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS