Sabertooth 990 fx R2 sli problem

Horgos Romeo

Reputable
Jun 3, 2014
HI to all,i have a problem to enable a two 680 gtx in sli on 990 fx r2 motherboard,please if some of you have some same problem end fix it help me .I make all what i think but no change in nvidia control panel is no t show that sli option i reinstal wind,drivers,bios ....i have no ideea anymore.
grafic cards is in first 16x end thre 16 pozition ,i change i move ....etc,no change in show to me that sli option .
thank you

Solution
G
Hmmmm. I think according to the quote from the Nvidia Faq, the memory sizes might be the issue:

From the Nvidia SLI FAQ:

Can I mix and match graphics cards from different manufacturers?

Using 180 or later graphics drivers, NVIDIA graphics cards from different manufacturers can be used together in an SLI configuration. For example, a GeForce XXXGT from manufacturer ABC can be matched with a GeForce XXXGT from manufacturer XYZ.

Can I mix and match graphics cards if one of them is overclocked by the manufacturer?

Yes. A GeForce XXXX GTX that is overclocked can be mixed with a standard clocked GeForce XXXX GTX.

Can I mix and match graphics cards with different sizes of memory?

When purchasing a second graphics card, you should try...

Horgos Romeo

Reputable
Jun 3, 2014
all is up to date
Hl67HSg

G

Well from what I read online, you shouldn't have a problem with each being a different brand. How many amps do you have on your psu?

G

Ahhhhh. I think the memory sizes might be an issue. I've read that there is a program called Coolbits that you can use to make them work (on this site lol). Here is the link: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/370616-33-help. Let me know if this works.

Horgos Romeo

Reputable
Jun 3, 2014
yea i now is no t important brand ....memory ......oc....just the cipset must be tha same ....600 is not compatible vith 700 or 500 etc....my problem is diferent ...i don t have that option to enable sli ....how i will do that ?

G

Hmmmm. I think according to the quote from the Nvidia Faq, the memory sizes might be the issue:

From the Nvidia SLI FAQ:

Can I mix and match graphics cards from different manufacturers?

Using 180 or later graphics drivers, NVIDIA graphics cards from different manufacturers can be used together in an SLI configuration. For example, a GeForce XXXGT from manufacturer ABC can be matched with a GeForce XXXGT from manufacturer XYZ.

Can I mix and match graphics cards if one of them is overclocked by the manufacturer?

Yes. A GeForce XXXX GTX that is overclocked can be mixed with a standard clocked GeForce XXXX GTX.

Can I mix and match graphics cards with different sizes of memory?

When purchasing a second graphics card, you should try to match the memory size so that you are ensured full value and performance from your purchase. However, while it is not recommended, NVIDIA does offer the flexibility to run graphics cards with different sized memory by using CoolBits. Using CoolBits (value set to 18), you can force both of the cards to use the lower of the two memory sizes and operate them together in SLI mode. When dissimilar memory sizes are enabled to work together using CoolBits, the effective memory size for each card becomes the smaller of the memory sizes.

Solution