Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Not Detecting Second 7870?

IPASuperior

Reputable
Jan 15, 2015
So, long story short, I had to upgrade my mobo from an m5a97 to the Sabertooth. The m5a97 was able to run both my 7870's in crossfire without any problems whatsoever. But ever since installing the new mobo (and the os), the mobo seems to not be detecting the second gpu.

They both work, but only work in the FIRST PCIE slot. All the other PCIE slots will not work with either gpu (no idea why?)

I've also used DDU, installed all drivers, and Windows Update is up to date.

Thanks for any help!

EDIT

Also, spec wise, it should be fine. I have an 850W psu which is much more than enough for powering these.

And on a second note; when plugging the gpu into any of the other pcie slots, the mobo gives the 'vga not found' error beeps.

ihog

Distinguished
So, the problem seems not be centered around getting both cards recognized at the same time, but rather about the fact that the other PCIe slots do not work.

Are there any bent pins on the CPU? Are you using the latest, stable bios revision from Asus?

IPASuperior

Reputable
Jan 15, 2015

There's no bent pins; brand new cpu. And the bios is on the latest (2501)

IPASuperior

Reputable
Jan 15, 2015
I got a hold of the person I bought it from and they told me that they'd send me a label to send the mobo into ASUS for an RMA. Hopefully that fixes this. I also attempted to re-flash the bios on 2501 but it didn't change anything. And also, none of the pci slots work either except for the top one.

IPASuperior

Reputable
Jan 15, 2015
Sorry for the bump; mobo came back from Asus, only first PCI port still works.

PSU: Rosewill Xtreme rx850
CPU: FX-9590
GPU: HIS IceQ 7870x2

Thanks for the help guys.