Sabertooth P67 POST failure

Steph3800

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012
Can't get past POST, need help! Just finished putting together a new build, I managed to get everything installed, running perfectly, apart from the double POST at cold boot issue which seems to affect some P67 MB's. I followed some advice to solve this by enabling "Power on by PCIe" in the bios, and ever since doing this I cannot get past the POST on start-up. The MB shows it is getting hung up at the VGA (red LED stays lit), so I cannot even get into the bios again to make any changes. Tried clearing the Cmos several times using the onboard jumper. Tried replacing GPU with another which I know is working. Tried replacing PSU. Nothing seems to make any difference. Trying not to accept that I might be sitting on a useless pile of expensive components! Any help and advice please!

Specs:

Core i7 2600k 3.4 GHz
ASUS Sabertooth P67 B*
XFX HD 6870
8GB Corsair Vengeance
Corsair AX650W
120 GB Intel 520 SSD
Corsair 650D Case

Justsomename

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
I'm having the same problem, can't get the computer to post, it runs for 5 seconds, MEMok button flashes red and restarts itself. Were you ever able to get this problem resolved?

Steph3800

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012

I returned to board to the supplier who then returned it to ASUS and it was eventually replaced under warranty. The new board has no issues with double posts (so far... 3 days in) and fortunately I did not need to install OS again either.

If you have spare working parts or know someone who does, I suggest replacing the individual components (ram, gpu, psu, cpu), disconnect all drives, try all PCIe lanes, try all ram slots, re-seating cpu, and by process of elimination try to isolate the problem. If nothing works then return the MB to ASUS for RMA.

Good luck!