Question Sabertooth p67 ssd booting problems.

Dec 6, 2019
Hello everyone,
This is my first time posting on here. Ive spent the last two days reading everything i could find on how to fix my problem, but nothing helped, unfortunately.
You see, i recently swapped out my motherboard and processor from an asus asus m5a99x evo r2.0 with a fx 8320 to an asus sabertooth p67 and i7 2600k that i bought secondhand. this way i could keep all of the parts i still wanted to use. I wanted to boot the system in the kingston 240gb ssd that i was using before, as i already had windows and other things on there. When i pressed the power button the mb posted just fine, so i went into the bios and everything looked normal. But when i pressed f10 and the machine tried to boot, i got a "please reboot and select proper boot device" error message. I tried reverting to optimized defaults in the bios, changing the AHCI to IDE, and using windows bootmanager to no avail.
I read it could be an incompatibility issue, so i updated my bios to the latest version. The error message was gone, but in its place was a new one: "B1InitializeLibrary failed 0xc00000bb". I was scared i broke my motherboard or bios, as this seemed to relate to people not updating properly.
After this i tried booting from an old hard drive with windows on it i had kept from my previous pc. And it worked! Sort of. Startup was incredibly slow, and the mb logo flashed like three seperate times for some reason. I checked out the files explorer and found that my ssd was there as an expension drive. It was fully accesible. However when i tried rebooting into the ssd, the same error message as earlier showed up. Id really like to use this ssd as i already have my files and
Is there anything i can do?

My setup:
Asus p67 sabertooth
I7 2600k
16gb Kingston hyperX ddr3
Asrock rx580 oc 8gb
Xilent 750w
Kingston 240gb ssd
Hitachi 240gb hdd

Thanks in advance!

Lutfij

Titan
I would not be suing that PSU if I were you. Also, you should be informed that you should reinstall the OS when you've swapped out the platform as you've done. Meaning assemble the old system back together and then backup any and/or all data from the older SSD. For the sake of relevance, how old is the PSU? Which OS were you working with?

Are you sure the motherboard and processor are working by testing them with another PSU and ram kit?

Dec 6, 2019
I would not be suing that PSU if I were you. Also, you should be informed that you should reinstall the OS when you've swapped out the platform as you've done. Meaning assemble the old system back together and then backup any and/or all data from the older SSD. For the sake of relevance, how old is the PSU? Which OS were you working with?

Are you sure the motherboard and processor are working by testing them with another PSU and ram kit?
Thank you for your reply.
I see, i didnt know. Perhaps i could take the valuable files off the ssd and format it and reinstall windows after. Ill look into getting another psu. The reviews i read were okay, does it have a bad rep? I havent had it for long, but i bought it secondhand so its probobly quite old. I did clean the dust out. I was working with windows 10 64-bit.

Dec 6, 2019

I did a fresh install of windows and now it works!! Thanks for your help!