Sabertooth x58 quad + dual channel ram issue ( 4+2) 2gbx6

Aug 15, 2018
Hello guys, i have 6x2gb ddr3 ram
My problem 4 kit any serial number quad kit + 2 any serial number dual kit memory. System max 8gb memory see.
Please 6 channel configuration help me
Mobo: sabertooth x58
Cpu: i7 980x
Memory: 4x ddr3 1600mhz corsair dominator + 2x ddr3 1600mhz corsair dominator.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Well mixing memory doesn't always work.

You've not been very detailed in your hardware description. I don't know what "any serial number" means.

My guess is you have a 4 stick kit and a 2 stick kit and you are attempting to mix them to have triple channel memory. x58 doesn't support six channel memory, that is a very recent thing from Intel. It does support triple channel.

Would need the very specific memory in question to say what might be wrong. CPU-Z should get the model number for each stick.

Typical problem would be a mixing of 1.5 and 1.65 volt memory. Early 1600Mhz DDR3 memory was a high overclock and required 1.65 volts. Later DDR3 1600 was adopted as the JEDEC supported standard towards the end of DDR3. (It was released with DDR3 1066 and 1333 being the common speeds)

MERGED QUESTION
Question from alpsea94 : "İnstall Tripple channel 3 x 2gb ram. Pc see 4gb. WHY? (x58 chipset)"

It was probably reseating the CPU that fixed it not installing windows 10 upgrade to windows pro had nothing to do with it or else you had to clean install windows and that was your problems