sabertooth x79 and corsair ax1200 incompatible?

bslarch

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013
Hi everyone,
I'm working on putting together my first PC and I'm at the part where I connect the PSU to the motherboard. I'm using a Sabertooth X79 and a Corsair AX1200. The motherboard uses EATX12V and the corsair uses EPS12V so it seems I am not able to plug in the 8 pin power for the CPU. Am I just overlooking something here? I was able to connect the main 24pin power but cannot seem to connect the 8pin CPU power.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Solution

At least the CPU one. Would have been better had it just been 8 pin instaed of the two 4 pin things.
First, Make sure you are using the right plug as there is an 8 pin PCIe connector, but they are usually marked as such. The can be a bit difficult to plug in and you have to make sure the plug is turned the right way. There is a clip on it plus one on the socket at the top towards the outside. As for the Plugs, they are standard from PSU to PSU. Unless you say use a BTX PSU rather than ATX.

mc962

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
I have a z87 sabertooth and an ax760. Assuming you are using the correct cord (marked cpu on one end, and it has 8 pins) it was a pain to get in the first time. Since, if i remember right, the part that goes into the board is actually two 4 pin blocks, try and make sure they are lined up and going in together, as I had trouble trying to get both of them in when one of them wasnt quite in line with the other. After a few times (I put in an extension cable at some point) it seemed to loosen up a bit, now it's just annoying rather than a pain.

I have a Z87 - Pro and it was a pain.