sabertooth X79 boot problem

wankell

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2015
My system, which has a Corsair cooler, was working fine for a couple of years until I changed out the fans for quiet Noctua fans. I initially got the error CPU Fan error so I upgraded the bios then selected Ignore bios fan speed and ignore CPU Fan Speed Low Limit. I still cannot get by the bios screen. I am running Win10. Any ideas?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Maybe just set "low speed limit" to 200rpm.Leave the rest alone.
Check all connectors again.
When upgraded the bios reset to optimal default values,look at time and date too when at it.Don't forget to set XMP to enabled if possible,depends on what system.

wankell

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2015
Still no luck.
When CPU Fan Speed Low Limit is set to 200, CPU Fan Error again appears at reboot.
When CPU Fan Speed or CPU OPT Speed is set to Ignore then, "Please Press Del of F2 to enter UEFI BIOS setting", appears for several seconds then black screen.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Don't think it's the motherboard since with the stock fans the problems weren't there.With another motherboard the issue might arise as well.
Look at how everything is connected again,since you put more than those two at the radiator in.Maybe you connected one of these to the cpu-opt fan header or something like that.

wankell

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2015
Per your advice, I checked all the fan connections for the umteenth time and they look good.
Thinking maybe it could be a CPU cooler issue, I pulled out the Corsair and ordered a Noctua.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador

Can't imagine,seems to have to do with the fans,but since you did order let us know if it makes a difference.Odd choice of cooler since the Noctua fans seem to be what gives the issue,well imo that is.