Sabertooth z77 i5 3570k Overclocking

sk8ernut.dw

Prominent
Dec 8, 2018
Can anyone explain me step by step throughout to clock this processor? I was taught by a steam member friend of mine how to clock this on stock volts running 4.4ghz but I never ran an Intel test or any Prime95.

I have good temps and I wanna break the barrier and see if I can go 4.5 and maybe higher but I don't really know how and I suck at mathematics. I could use some professional help instead of some jerk trolling me on steam. Been running 4.4ghz for months now and it's one year now. I am amazed it's fine but I want more power. I feel like something is missing here.

I just wanna test the limits of this processor. I already have an i7 8700k on the way anyways for the new build. Please help a fella out. Professional honest experienced overclockers may post here, please.

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 4.4ghz stock volts
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060-6GB SSC
SSD: Samsung 830 256GB
HDD: WD Black 1TB
HDD: Seagate FireCuda SSHD 1TB
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 C9 4x4GB -
MBD: Asus SABERTOOTH Z77
PSU: EVGA 850 BQ

sk8ernut.dw

Prominent
Dec 8, 2018

https://valid.x86.fr/vkq25a

idle temps are like 26c to 30c and loads would likely be 46c to 50c I had one 60c one time in games but that's it. Never goes higher. I am using Arctic Mx-4 so far. I can post a picture if needed. Let me know.

Vana Ivan Pandovski

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2014

Ok so @ the moment you are @ 4.4 GHz and you run @ 1.336v.
So next just go and try, but remember one thing when you do tests overclocking CPU
Never ever overclock the CPU after you overclock RAM memory, so
you should do add the RAM memory to its default auto settings and then you need
to search your stable Overclock, because it will be very very messy if you OC your RAM and
then start to crank up the CPU.
So add it on default as I said on AUTO the ram, no XMP nothing.
And then just go to 4.6ghz with 1.362v and if all fine if your PC boots then its good
and what you should do next is either prime95, or Aida 64 or Intelburn test for about 5-10min and I suggest you download the HW Monitor and to monitor CPU loads, speed, voltages, currents, watts all.
But before you do this 4.6, in general, the overclocking you must run some 5-10 min test with the bench tests I told you
to see how the current configuration is behaving. Monitor those take screenshots then proceed as I told you.
And only just only when you find your stable OverClock then try your XMP, but careful or do it manually, you know that
RAM overclock needs voltage too, XMP does it automatically the voltage and frequency and timings.
Start and try some of this and let me know what happens, and sorry for late response.

sk8ernut.dw

Prominent
Dec 8, 2018

I will give this a shot but however it's missing a important element. I seen most videos where they actually disable a few certain things to have overclocking options like this one here. I didn't follow these steps because it turned out this guy's bios is different than mine.

)1.go into bios advanced mode. 2.Go to CPU configuration. 3.Disable Intel adaptive Thermal Monitor 4.scroll down to CPU power management 5.Disable everything except Package c state and turbo mode, leave the cpu ratio for now. 6.go to AI tweaker ,then Digi+Vrm set CPU load line calibration to high power, cpu power phase control to Extreme and CPU current capability to 120% leave everything else remains the same. 7.change the CPU voltage to manual mode and put in the voltage you want i use 1.25V and am stable at 4.5Ghz 8.Final step is to advance/CPU configuration/CPU Power management configuration and change the CPU to what ever you want this is a 4.5ghz overclock so do 45)

The main point is your steps are different and easier. Are you sure I don't need to disable ANYTHING else or enable ANYTHING else before attempting 4.6ghz? Advice? I just wanted to make a responsible decision before I attempt to overclock my processor. I was told that XMP would not mess with my overclock at all. How is that possible? I need it to run at 1600mhz? Why auto? So I need to ensure my OC is fine then switch to XMP? I can always do manual ram settings but I know nothing about overclocking manual voltages on every specific part. I only know how to clock on stock volt and nothing else. Just basic stuff so I wanted you to know if I need to do anything about that? I do not have experience with manual volt clocking. I need some instruction here. I can't use youtube often because they are never 100% clear or have closed captioning. Hope you can help a gamer here.

sk8ernut.dw

Prominent
Dec 8, 2018
Be nice to go to 4.5 at first before taking a big jump, need some help here. I notice some of my settings are on automatic and I never did any voltage tweaking just a basic clock. Hope I didn't cause any issues. I never have any problems but would like some expert help here. I am a noob at overclocking manually. I extremely suck at math :D

Vana Ivan Pandovski

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2014

Well, what's stopping you I told you what to do, and don't leave C State or C6 feature ON turn that OFF, the C-State is for power saving, you need to turn that OFF not to leave it ON, that way you will not have spikes in Voltages and CPU frequency.
Going just for 100 Mhz from 4.4 to 4.5 you don't need to change anything in advance controls you are boosting just 100Mhz just set it to 4.5 and add little more voltage or try it with the same one if it fails, try to crank up a bit voltage.

sk8ernut.dw

Prominent
Dec 8, 2018

That's the issue though, I don't know how to up the voltage and I don't know what is the proper procedure and number I need to set and all? I just don't wanna mess it up. That's a problem I have. Tweaking voltages aren't my expertise area. I have a weakness in that area and I barely know how to do this. Wish I had step by step instructions on how to set it perfectly. Only if I can hire someone to come over my place and do this lol.