Sabertooth Z77 Ram question

G

Hello, i have currently purchased a Sabertooth Z77 Motherboard but when i enter the ram and the DRam Led turns on to a solid state, when i hold the button the motherboard resets and the light is again solid, this is the ram i currently have

Corsair CML16GX3M2A - 1600MHz - 10-10-10-27 - 1.50V

Any help would be appreciated as the ram i bought for the motherboard was recommended at the time of purchase.

edit/ Welcome to Tom's Forum! :)

I'm assuming the CML16GX3M2A1600C10 2x8GB DDR3-1600 10-10-10-27-2N @ 1.50v kit.

First make sure the RAM is properly seated in the light-brown DIMM slots and that the DIMM locks are clicked (locked).

If the problem persists Clear the CMOS by unpluging the PSU for a couple of minutes and then move the Clear CMOS jumper to it's clear postion for ~5+ seconds and move back to default; video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdHH9KrceR0

If that fails then in the 2nd DIMM only use (1) one stick at a time to test if one stick is bad; e.g. CPU: | blank | RAM | blank | blank |

If that fails you might have either a grounding short from e.g. an after market HSF or a bad MOBO. Before shipping back the MOBO breadboard with stock HSF.

G

Thank you very much Jaquith for the quick response, It turned out that one of the stick's of ram was indeed bad and one it was removed the computer booted without any problems, Thank you again for the assistance. :bounce:

Thank you very much Jaquith for the quick response, It turned out that one of the stick's of ram was indeed bad and one it was removed the computer booted without any problems, Thank you again for the assistance. :bounce:
Sorry to hear but it happens once in a while. Corsair is a great company and can arrange an RMA of better often if it was just purchased then RMA (return) to your Retailer.

Good Luck! :sol: