Sabertooth z87 won't find HDD or SSD

Hans Dekker

Honorable
Aug 28, 2013
So I was building my new computer and it powered just fine, but when it got to booting, it said: The current BIOS setting do not fully support the current boot device, click OK to enter the BIOS setup

Go to the CSM parameters and change the parameters to boot your device.

That's one of my problems seeing as I'm a newbie to BIOS I had no idea what to change to my BIOS

2nd Problem:
When I check the SATA settings to find my optical drive, my HDDs and SSD it will say that all of them are empty?

3rd problem:

My GTX GeForce TITAN doesn't really fit into the case, the VGI and HDMI ports won't fit into the PCIe slot and into the expansion slot, ideas?

Thanks!

Specs:
ASUS z87 sabertooth PRO
i7 haswell 4770K intel core
4TB SeaGate HDD
256GB SSD Samsung
1TB SeaGate HDD
750W Corsair PSU
Antec 1200 case

Solution

Id expect that they are; you haven't loaded anything in them yet. Have you connected both a power cable and a data cable to the devices ? Are the power cables connected to PSU ? Are data cables connected to correct SATA ports on MoBo ? If so....

1. Disconnect the HD Data cable.....make sure you have:

a) SSD in lowest numbered SATA port
b) Optical in 3rd lowest STA port
c) Save 2nd lowest for HD

2. Turn on the machine while putting the Windows CD into the optical drive. The machine should boot off the DVD

3. After ya get done installing windows, all ya drivers and running windows update the 8 or 9 times...

Id expect that they are; you haven't loaded anything in them yet. Have you connected both a power cable and a data cable to the devices ? Are the power cables connected to PSU ? Are data cables connected to correct SATA ports on MoBo ? If so....

1. Disconnect the HD Data cable.....make sure you have:

a) SSD in lowest numbered SATA port
b) Optical in 3rd lowest STA port
c) Save 2nd lowest for HD

2. Turn on the machine while putting the Windows CD into the optical drive. The machine should boot off the DVD

3. After ya get done installing windows, all ya drivers and running windows update the 8 or 9 times it needs to finish, shut down machine and connect HD data cable

Solution

Hans Dekker

Honorable
Aug 28, 2013
So I did what you said, and it worked! thank you, but now I'm stuck on disabling safe boot mode, any ideas how? I googled my problem but it varies so much I have no clue how to do it on the ASUS BIOS

EDIT: Found it but it's grayed out! any ideas?