[SOLVED] Sabrent card isn't being used for boot

WolfandTheJoker

Commendable
Dec 2, 2019
So I recently in a attempt to fix a problem installed windows onto a separate drive within the computer. After I had fixed the problem I attempted to boot from the original drive the OS was on. But now it keeps defaulting to the newer drive I had installed the OS on. I have tried to have it boot from this device manual via the motherboard boot menu but it keeps defaulting back to the other device. When I tried to default boot from sabrent only the option to do so is not present. Any suggestions on fixes.

Solution
When you installed Windows, was the Sabrent drive the only drive connected?
If not, the installation likely say the boot partition was already present (on the 'old') driver and skipped writing again.... Or, due to the presence of multiple drives, the boot partition was installed to the wrong one.

It's highly recommended to only have the drive you want to install Windows to connected during installation.

If I were you, I'd disconnect all other drives and reinstall Windows again

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
When you installed Windows, was the Sabrent drive the only drive connected?
If not, the installation likely say the boot partition was already present (on the 'old') driver and skipped writing again.... Or, due to the presence of multiple drives, the boot partition was installed to the wrong one.

It's highly recommended to only have the drive you want to install Windows to connected during installation.

If I were you, I'd disconnect all other drives and reinstall Windows again

Solution