[SOLVED] Sabrent rocket 4.0 vs FireCuda 520 500gb

Solution
The Seagate SSDs are pretty reliable. I'd likely have to see a significant price difference to choose a Sabrent product over something from Seagate, no matter what the product was.
Every Sabrent product I've ever bought, which is about ten products total, including drive enclosures, SSDs and USB hubs, has died long before the end of the warranty period. Twice I've tried to get products replaced under warranty. Both times it was more hassle than the product was worth dealing with and I ended up just writing it off. And then, I wrote the entire company off, because when you make it harder to get warranty support than it is to get support through AT&T/Directv, you have no right to my business.

Yes, Seagate, along with every other company out there, has had a few issues here and there. I'd still choose them 365 days a year, for anything they sell, that for any product sold by Sabrent.

Boris12341

Prominent
May 24, 2020
Every Sabrent product I've ever bought, which is about ten products total, including drive enclosures, SSDs and USB hubs, has died long before the end of the warranty period. Twice I've tried to get products replaced under warranty. Both times it was more hassle than the product was worth dealing with and I ended up just writing it off. And then, I wrote the entire company off, because when you make it harder to get warranty support than it is to get support through AT&T/Directv, you have no right to my business.

Yes, Seagate, along with every other company out there, has had a few issues here and there. I'd still choose them 365 days a year, for anything they sell, that for any product sold by Sabrent.
Wow thanks very much. Happy I went with the Seagate then!

I have several of the Seagate Ironwolf SSDs in my NAS and they've been flawless so far. I have had issues in the past with some Seagate hard drives I've installed for customers, failing prematurely, however those were mechanical drives and Seagate did warrant the products after all was said and done. For their SSDs, I've not seen any common trending "issues" so far.

TRENDING THREADS