Sad News: Microsoft Currently Has No Plans for Halo 4 PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having never played a Halo game, I would buy this for PC, just to see what the hype is about. My only conditions would be: Windows 7 support, mouse and keyboard controls, no draconian DRM nonsense. You have a near-guaranteed sale from me.

azathoth

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
[citation][nom]GoldenI[/nom]They are losing out in sales. So many people would buy the PC version of that game![/citation]
This was going to be my deciding factor in purchasing Halo 4. I have an Xbox, but I can't stand the console community, nor looking at eye/bleeding graphics from 6 years ago.

xaephod

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2007
After Halo 2 for PC, I am kind of glad. If they think I am going to buy an X-box, good luck. I'll stick to Guild Wars 2 and BF3.

GoldenI

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010
[citation][nom]Azathoth[/nom]This was going to be my deciding factor in purchasing Halo 4. I have an Xbox, but I can't stand the console community, nor looking at eye/bleeding graphics from 6 years ago.[/citation]
I agree. I will never buy a console simply because of its limited technology. . . . .

thechaver

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
They wiil release it once their done with it on the console end of things. Once the people that do not own a console feel they need to buy one in order to play Halo 4 have died off, then, Microsoft will release it to PC and push sales for their Windows 8, as well as the millions of Halo 4 copies they will undoubtably sell.

It's a hell of a marketing strategy. I mean I would never have thought about buying another Xbox 360 until now... But, I am going to hold out, as stated above, I am not going to be one of those people. I have an insanley fast PC that I spent a lot of money on, and I'm not going to waste $200 on another platform just to play one game.

chuckydb

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
[citation][nom]Azathoth[/nom]This was going to be my deciding factor in purchasing Halo 4. I have an Xbox, but I can't stand the console community, nor looking at eye/bleeding graphics from 6 years ago.[/citation]

I still have my eyes bleeding from the horrible 640*1133 resolution on my 46inch tv...

chuckydb

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
[citation][nom]chuckydb[/nom]I still have my eyes bleeding from the horrible 640*1133 resolution on my 46inch tv...[/citation]
I'm talking about halo 3 by the way.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]Cy-Kill[/nom]Well, they never released 2 or 3 to PC, so what would've made 4 any different![/citation]

Exactly. One the first one for some reason?!? Blame piracy :p

mazty

Distinguished
May 22, 2011
Let's be honest - if this is released on PC later down the line, it won't look any good as they would have to add so much to the game it wouldn't be in their interest as they aren't going to sell the engine on to other devs like so many others e.g. CryEngine, Unreal, FrostBite etc. Because of that, I'm not worried about not getting a crappy looking game for my PC.

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
Why would they? PC is the most heavily pirated.

Then we have kids and idiots come here and claim "ITS NOT BECAUSE OF PIRACY, HERP" what was it, 3.5 million copies pirated for Crysis? Sure, maybe some of them bought the game, but I know a "pirates" mindset and once you have the game and play it, you don't buy it.

That is 3.5 million sales gone. 3-5 years of work, 3.5 million sales gone.

Yea, i'd be moving to the Xbox/PS line too. You're killing yourselfs people. Only 1 way to change that, buy the damn game.

And don't go blaming DRM shit either, its just an excuse to pirate AND it doesn't make it ok to steal a 60 dollar game either.

Christ.

RipperjackAU

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
You know there IS a version of HALO 4 on PC, it's the development builds that were created as the game was made. It's not like the dev's used XBox 360 consoles to make the game.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
So do they really think PC gamers would actually feel sorry to not get a game designed for 6 year old hardware and for the worst fps controller type available forcing things like auto-aim where the game do the "gaming" and the "gamer" only follow along for the ride. Its like taking a cab claiming you were driving from a-b - No thx!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS