Safe amount of voltage recommended for PC setup

Aug 26, 2018
I’m running msi afterburner and my question is what percent of core voltage can I raise up to (at a recommended safe level), to overclock at. I’m a little new to this so I’m afraid to straight up experiment with it.

Here’s my stats -

I’m running MSI afterburner and my gpu is running at 139 MHz and my Mem clock is running at 405 MHz. My temp is steady 33 degrees Celsius and here’s what I’m running-

GeForce GTX 1080 Armor 8G OC

Corsair fan that I don’t know exact name of, but it’s been steady at 33 degrees Celsius while downloading Unreal Engine with it increased to 85% fan speed

ASRock Z370 Pro 4-IB motherboard

240 WD SATA SSD solid state drive

Some generic looking liquid cooling part that doesn’t have a name to it for now

16 Gigs of RAM

Intel i7 core processor 8700k 6 core 12 strand I think

1 terabyte hard drive

High Power HPG-600ST-F12S Power Supply

From what I remember, My PC runs at 3.7 GHz so i want to know how much of core voltage percentage can I add (safely recommended of course).

Any help on this?

Solution
Newer GPUs have built-in voltage protection so even 100% won't damage it by I recommend you don't go over 50%.
I’m running MSI afterburner and my gpu is running at 139 MHz and my Mem clock is running at 405 MHz.
You can keep increasing them till you start artifacting (weird lines and colors) or crashing. Then back down by 15-30.
My PC runs at 3.7 GHz
VCore is safe till 1.40v for long-term usage. Getting to 4.6Ghz on all cores should be relatively easy if you know the basics. (Turbo is 4.3Ghz on all cores)
Any help on this?
Use BIOS for CPU overclock. Watch some videos to learn the settings and their location for your motherboard.

Last tips: Before you begin, Update BIOS. Manually use LLC and...

zebarjadi.raouf

Commendable
Jul 10, 2018
Newer GPUs have built-in voltage protection so even 100% won't damage it by I recommend you don't go over 50%.
I’m running MSI afterburner and my gpu is running at 139 MHz and my Mem clock is running at 405 MHz.
You can keep increasing them till you start artifacting (weird lines and colors) or crashing. Then back down by 15-30.
My PC runs at 3.7 GHz
VCore is safe till 1.40v for long-term usage. Getting to 4.6Ghz on all cores should be relatively easy if you know the basics. (Turbo is 4.3Ghz on all cores)
Any help on this?
Use BIOS for CPU overclock. Watch some videos to learn the settings and their location for your motherboard.

Last tips: Before you begin, Update BIOS. Manually use LLC and AVX offset if you want to overclock too much.

Keep CPU temps below 80c and GPU below 85c for daily usage.

Solution