Safe mode not working, virus- infected xp ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

My cousin's XP was infected by virus, and it was not able to start in
any mode(including safe mode, command prompt,last configuration and
etc).
I took and move the harddisk to my PC and scaned it using trend micro
housceall. The virus scanner detected and removed several virus.

But it is still not able to get into any mode.
Once i get into the xp, the XP reboots and it happens to any mode.

I also did the repair installation and scandisk, and it did not work.

Any suggestion?

unrepper

Distinguished
May 15, 2005

If you have a non OEM XP disk you can boot from the disk press R to acces the
repair console the run CHKDSK /R. remove the disk and reboot. Post back if
you need further assistance.
--
Don Kendrick

"marslee@hotmail.com" wrote:

> My cousin's XP was infected by virus, and it was not able to start in
> any mode(including safe mode, command prompt,last configuration and
> etc).
> I took and move the harddisk to my PC and scaned it using trend micro
> housceall. The virus scanner detected and removed several virus.
>
> But it is still not able to get into any mode.
> Once i get into the xp, the XP reboots and it happens to any mode.
>
> I also did the repair installation and scandisk, and it did not work.
>
> Any suggestion?

bam123

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
I have the same problem my computer doesnt boot in any configuration, safe mode, all safemode, last known config. i tried the following actions:
1. i remove the hard disk and scaned on my friends pc using nod32. it doesnt detect any virus.
2. i run on recovery console using my windows xp cd the chkdsk /r, when it finished and instal again on my pc still doesnt work.
3. i also try chkdsk /f. stil does not work.
4.but when i instaled in on my friends pc and make it slave i can see all the data of my harddisk.

what shuld i do sir to make my hard disk work again i need all the files in it. please help :ouch: :ouch:

bam123

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010

yes sir after the agreement there are 3 options the:
1. setup windows
2. repair windows
3. quit

and i use the repair windows sir i put d:/windows/system32/chkdsk /r sir.
is that what ur trying to say sir? if so sir ive already done this method im tierd searching on interrnet the possible solutions for almost a week sir, pls help.... :sweat:

bam123

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
sir i found what you've been telling after pressing F8 (agreement) next press r for repair and the windows repair the system and it takes a minute saying (set up is copying files)

and after that it boot on windows setup, sir is this a new copy of windows xp? how about my data sir? what will be happened to it?

im configuring it now sir. pls. help

all you need to do is format the c: and reboot your system.
You files would be safe but your softwares would be lost. you can easily reinstall them. remember that you do not have any files on c: accept the program ones :pfff: :ange: :non: :bounce: :) :( :D ;) :ouch: :eek: :??: :p :na: :sarcastic: :fou: :pt1cable: :lol: :wahoo: :kaola: :love: :heink: :cry: :whistle: :sol: :sleep: :sweat: :hello: