[SOLVED] Safe Mode. Or?

spinningstill

Honorable
Jan 15, 2018
My mom's computer in CA (I'm in St Louis) is in a continuous repair cycle and I can't seem to get it into Safe Mode over the phone. It was acting up a few weeks ago. We tried getting into Safe Mode but it will not go into but continues to go into repair mode.

Are there any other ways to get in outside of what is on MS web site.

The next option is to repair and save files. She doesn't want to do that since she uses Outlook and it folders extensively.

I think the drive may be going out or it has corruption. It's a Dell Laptop (2016).

Any suggestions?

Solution
You can't get into safe mode in win 10 unless pc can get as far as the Logon screen. Or it was set up previously which is unlikely.

repair sounds like reset. Files/folders in that case would be any library folders and their contents. also includes logons.. Library folders being Documents, pictures, movies, music. and maybe one other.

If Outlook saves to the Documents folder, a reset (repair) might save her files.

if outlook saves to documents they may all be safe.

Colif

Win 11 Master
You can't get into safe mode in win 10 unless pc can get as far as the Logon screen. Or it was set up previously which is unlikely.

repair sounds like reset. Files/folders in that case would be any library folders and their contents. also includes logons.. Library folders being Documents, pictures, movies, music. and maybe one other.

If Outlook saves to the Documents folder, a reset (repair) might save her files.

if outlook saves to documents they may all be safe.

Solution