dick

My computer will not start Windows unless I start in safe mode and restore to
a date more than 2 weeks ago. How can I get it to start normally again.
Thanks

Byte

Start in Safe Mode and Restore back 2 weeks. You may lose some recent
data which you then can update. Unless you have installed/added a lot of
programs/data/documents/graphics, etc.
"How to Boot in Safe Mode"
http://www.columbia.edu/acis/capture/safemode.html
--
XP-WNP
Today is the first day of the

"Dick" wrote:

> My computer will not start Windows unless I start in safe mode and restore to
> a date more than 2 weeks ago. How can I get it to start normally again.
> Thanks

dick

I have done the 2 week restore, but the computer will still not access XP
without safe mode.

"Byte" wrote:

> Start in Safe Mode and Restore back 2 weeks. You may lose some recent
> data which you then can update. Unless you have installed/added a lot of
> programs/data/documents/graphics, etc.
> "How to Boot in Safe Mode"
> http://www.columbia.edu/acis/capture/safemode.html
> --
> XP-WNP
> Today is the first day of the
> rest of your life.
>

> "Dick" wrote:
>
> > My computer will not start Windows unless I start in safe mode and restore to
> > a date more than 2 weeks ago. How can I get it to start normally again.
> > Thanks

Fitz

Using XP Home or Pro? Are you getting any type of error messages? Try
unplugging anything connected to your computer except the monitor, keyboard
and mouse. If in Safe Mode, disable all startup items. Post back

--
***
NEVER download files from anywhere unless it is from the website of the