Safe Overclock for the fx4130?

leyton1

Honorable
Dec 6, 2013
Hi, I just recently purchased a AMD R9 280 Saphire Dual-x I knew I was to expect a fair amount of bottlenecking with certain games but until I get a fx8350 is there anyway I can reduce this amount and make games more playable. What would you recommend I overclock too? Please can you try include as much info as possible (Voltages, Clock, etc...) Im sorry if im asking for too much.

Specs;

Asrock 970 extreme 3 r2.0 (I know this isnt too good for overclocking)
Zalman CNPS 5x
Decent XFX PSU
S340 Case by NZXT
2x120mm intake fans Artic Cool F12
1x120mm NZXT fan on the Rear pulling air out
1x120mm NZXT fan on the top also pulling air out
BTW I Get pretty good temps (I think) was running a tourture test using prime95 for around 15 minute was getting around 56c

I've tried to give all the info I think you would need to answer my question but if not just say what you need.

Thanks in advance

psycrow395

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
hello there to better try and understand your problem are you saying that you have framerate issues when playing games or lag? because i looked up that processor and its a 3.8ghz quad core it should have no problems keeping up with the gpu and most games and i personally dont like to overclock i mean if i buy a processor and it wont run fast speeds or handle processes enough for what i need to do then i will return and get one that can do this out of the box because overclocking is not safe and if u mess something up you can really screw up your computer and processor hope this helps feel free to ask me anymore questions