MJS WARLORD

Honorable
Jul 3, 2016
my custom built rig is about 3 and a half years old , i had it built when the gtx 1080 first came out , it is the zotac version.
I have only just noticed that a temperature monitor has been added to windows task manager.

After being switched on for about 30 minutes the GPU setting shows 38 this is when i was only surfing , during some games when i can feel the hot air escaping my rig under the desk i have noted the temp goes up to around 65 . Am i being paranoid about heat , what is classed as a high but safe working temperature.

The tower COOLERMASTER HAF-X FULL TOWER GAMING CASE, the tower is massive.
The cpu is Intel® Core™i7 Six Core Processor i7-6800K (3.4GHz) 15MB Cache.
The motherboard is ASUS® ROG STRIX X99: ATX, USB 3.1, SATA 6 GB/s.
The ram is 16GB HyperX FURY DDR4 2133MHz (4 x 4GB) ....
The graphics card is 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 - DVI, HDMI, 3x DP - GTX VR Ready!
The main drive is 480GB HyperX SAVAGE 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (up to 560MB/sR | 530MB/sW) for windows and all the items you can’t chose where they install.
The second drive is 960GB HyperX SAVAGE 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (up to 560MB/sR | 530MB/sW) for my steam client games and all other games.
The dvd/blue ray is 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM.
The power supply is CORSAIR 650W CS SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET.
The cpu cooler is Noctua NH-D15S Ultra Quiet Performance CPU Cooler, this is huge!

Colif

Win 10 Master
For that CPU - max is 105C but its not ideal Anything below 80C is safe.
notices you asked about gpu... slaps forehead
max temp for a GTX 1080 is 94C so you below it still.

thats a good case, it wins on GPU cooling still. Compares well against almost all new cases. Mainly as a lot of them are fish tanks.

Last edited:

MJS WARLORD

Honorable
Jul 3, 2016
Thanks for reply colif , the reason i chose the case is because you can put lots of fans in it, i have 8 different fans shoe horned into the case , i am not exaggerating when i say if it did not not have a few lights you would not know it was on its so quiet. I watched that video just for old times sake , i laughed when the guy poo pood the sliding panel where the light button , force restart button and the power button are located. A young kid ran up to my pc one day shouting puter puter puter , the only reason he did not do any serious damage was because the sliser was over the power button.

MJS WARLORD

Honorable
Jul 3, 2016
Thanks geofelt , i think that because i could feel the warm/hot air under my desk i could have been thinking that the pc was running a lot hotter than it actually was.
I have done a bit more experimenting and when running " under a steel sky" and a few more demanding games i hit around 65 to 70 with the very long cut scene at the end of mass effect 3 pushing it to 80 but not for long. As i say i think i might have over reacted.

Colif

Win 10 Master
I had a variant of the RV02 which sits at top of those cooling charts on Gamers Nexus, its a fun video for me to watch too. My current case isn't as great, but it was going to be hard to beat the last one really. Might use it on a future build again.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS