Question Safe to buy refurbished CPU

oli_ct

Reputable
Mar 4, 2018
Hi guys,

I am updating my PC for gaming and I need the amd fx 6350 CPU. Can't seem to find it anywhere new (chip shortage?)- is it safe to buy it refurbished from somewhere like ebay?

Thank you!

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Based on your other post, are you just looking at the system requirements for a game?

You don't have to follow that, get something newer and faster. You can easily get double the performance with any of the entry level Ryzen chips, even old ones.

Dec 10, 2021
I bought one of them fx-6350's came with a gigbyte 970A-dsp3 ver1 mobo I paid about 50 quid for it of ebay.
I bought it as an upgrade to my aging phenom 965 on paper when you look at cpu comparison sites the 6350 seems a better cpu
but in reality it feels like the 965 oc'd to 4.0ghz was quicker than the 6350 oc'd to 4.1ghz both setups use the same psu, memory and gpu.
I don't think I'm a demanding user by any stretch just want to be able to play fallout 4, cities skylines and elite dangerous at full beans.
If you can try and get a few more quid together and maybe get a complete plug and play low to mid range ryzen 3 setup I wish I had now.