Question Safe to remove reserved partition after using mbr2gpt?

May 27, 2019
Hi everyone.

I recently converted my windows SSD drive from MBR to GPT with the included Windows 10 tool (mbr2gpt)

After conversion, the EFI system partition appeared (hidden, of course), but I also noticed that the system reserved partition previously that is located at the start of the drive and was used on MBR became visible on Windows Explorer, and marked as a normal partition (not system, not hidden). I managed to hide it, but I noticed it has some hidden system files that I'm not completely sure if are still used by the EFI system or currently by my Windows installation.

It's safe to delete that partition, or should I leave it as it is?
It uses about 500MB, so I wanted to know if would be wise to recover that space (in case it's actually unused)

Also, after deleting it (if I do it), if I want to use that space without creating another partition it's safe on a SSD to move all the partitions to the 'left' (to the start of the drive) to reclaim the space and add it for the last partition?

Also, by moving the EFI system partition I wouldn't get into any other issue?
(As far as I know the EFI partition can be located in any place on the drive unlike MBR, but I want to be sure that moving it won't invalidate it)