[SOLVED] Safe to run pump and case fan off same header with splitter?

Jaxstarke9977

Reputable
Nov 8, 2020
My mobo states that the Chassis/Water Pump Fan Connector supports a maximum 2A (24 watts) power. I'm using a Cooler Master Masterliquid ML240L RGB V2 AIO cooler and have the pump connected to the Chassis/Water Pump header. I don't know how many amps or watts the pump is pulling. I only know the volts (12 volts). Am I safe to assume that I can connect a 12 volt .16A case fan to the same header using a splitter or should I connect the case fan elsewhere on the board? Thanks.

Solution
As stated, the pump header should be for a pump alone or fans, not both. The fans would need regulating, so if you regulate the fans on the same header as the pump, you're regulating the pump as well which in most cases is detrimental to the pump's health. Make and model of the motherboard?

Lutfij

Titan
As stated, the pump header should be for a pump alone or fans, not both. The fans would need regulating, so if you regulate the fans on the same header as the pump, you're regulating the pump as well which in most cases is detrimental to the pump's health. Make and model of the motherboard?

Solution

Jaxstarke9977

Reputable
Nov 8, 2020
ASRock B450m/ac. The fan I'm thinking about connecting is just a single exhaust fan in the back. The proximity to the Chassis/Water Pump Fan Connector header makes it an ideal location to connect it so that's why I was thinking about connecting it there with a splitter.