Safe to run window unit and pc in same room?

spyguy

Honorable
Dec 3, 2017
Im not sure where to put this thread but is it safe to run a pc and a window unit ac at the same time on different outlets in the same room? I looked in my breaker box but it doesn't help. It just gives a list from 150 amps down to 40 and theres no clear diagram of my one bed/bath apt. My specs are 7700k
gtx1080
z270 a pro mobo
wdgreen 240gb ssd
Toshiba DT01ACA 1tb hdd
16gb ram 2400mhz ddr4
Im not sure how to figure all that up. I normally don't use a window unit but my apt complex cant replace my ac till next week. It works but not good enough so I have to use the window unit.
I also have a flat screen, modem and blue ray player all in the same room and small pc speakers hooked up to my pc. I would have never though about this, I would assume all homes would have enough room to run all this stuff in the same room. I googled because I was concerned about the ac creating moisture and my pc has perforated holes in the top for ventilation and I found a thread on toms guide that suggested you should never run a pc and a window unit because most rooms only have 15 little bitty amps. ???????

Solution
A/C's remove moisture from the air, not create moisture in the air. The amps are power. So it really depends on how much your pc draws, how much the A/C draws plus all the other stuff(light, clocks, etc) and how much power the circuit is rated for. It could be more than 15 amps. My room with my PC has a 20 amp circuit.
A/C's remove moisture from the air, not create moisture in the air. The amps are power. So it really depends on how much your pc draws, how much the A/C draws plus all the other stuff(light, clocks, etc) and how much power the circuit is rated for. It could be more than 15 amps. My room with my PC has a 20 amp circuit.

Solution