[SOLVED] Safe to use 2060 and 5650g on cheap A520?

May 16, 2021
Hello all,
I am building myself a new pc I won't overclock. Would Gigabyte a520m h motherboard be sufficient for MSI 2060 ventus? Does a motherboard with vrm cooling such as Asus tuf gaming A520m plus II make any difference?

Solution
Yes, good VRM does help when on high load like gaming or rendering as the CPU tends to heat up during these kind of activities and too much heat can throttle the CPU leading to loss of performance. On the contrary if you are doing basic stuff like media consumption or web browsing, you can go by with a basic board as those tasks dont require much load. But I doubt you got a 2060 for just media consumption and likes.
Yes, good VRM does help when on high load like gaming or rendering as the CPU tends to heat up during these kind of activities and too much heat can throttle the CPU leading to loss of performance. On the contrary if you are doing basic stuff like media consumption or web browsing, you can go by with a basic board as those tasks dont require much load. But I doubt you got a 2060 for just media consumption and likes.

Solution