Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
It is safe to use an ssd on second laptop slot without a bracket ? From factory my laptop comes with a second sata slot for hdd but for some reason is not really designed well .... I can place the hdd but the cover can not be closed , I have cut the plastics that don't let me close it and now it's possible to do so , but dont have a second bracket anyway. Besides is an old laptop I tested it with a ssd and improves a lot ! It's very good for internet browsing and light stuff .

The laptop is an Acer aspire 6930g

The sittuation is like in this video:
View: https://youtu.be/YNga5Z6Q1Tw
, it's the same laptop .

Solution
Yeah it's fine, ssds don't have moving parts so its ok. Could use stick on velcro to hold it down if bothered about it slipping out. I use velcro myself in a desktop machine without ssd cradles.

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
Yeah it's fine, ssds don't have moving parts so its ok. Could use stick on velcro to hold it down if bothered about it slipping out. I use velcro myself in a desktop machine without ssd cradles.
I am thinking in use that things that is used to avoid chairs or tables to move or scatching the floors on the case of the hdd with enough thickness to be touching the ssd and let me close it the same time