Question Safe to use stationary paper with a colored border in laser printer ?

PuzzledToo

Reputable
May 14, 2020
I’d like to use some stationary paper with a decorative colored border but am not sure if it’s safe to use in a laser printer due to the heated drum. IOW is the colored ink heat resistant or will it come off on the drum?

I’ve contacted some stationary paper companies & no one has any temperature data regarding usage. They all say their paper works in most laser & inkjet printers, or words to that effect. Obviously I don’t want the heat to cause the colored ink to come off inside the printer.

Does anyone have experience or comments about using colored border stationary paper, or any paper that already has colored ink on it?

Thanks

PuzzledToo

Reputable
May 14, 2020
The Q & A for this paper says it’s compatible with most printers. When asked if the heat would affect the colors they replied “since we have not done testing with a laser printer I would not be able to answer that question.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07147F82S/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_10?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&th=1

I have some older paper from Gartner which states compatible with most printers. I called them recently & they do not have any information about how much heat the paper can handle. I previously used this with an inkjet printer. But I rarely used the inkjet & it wasted a lot of ink cleaning the nozzles every time I did use it.

I've been using a Brother all-in-one laser printer for quite some time. However my wife would like to get back to using colored bordered stationary. The Brother manual says “ Preprinted paper must use ink that can withstand the temperature of the machine's fusing process 392 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Centigrade)."

It would be nice to know that colored ink won’t come off at that temperature.

PuzzledToo

Reputable
May 14, 2020
I put a sheet of the preprinted paper through the laser printer. It didn’t seem heavier than regular 20lb paper but had a slightly different feel to it. I fed it through the front opening just to keep it flat. The first half of the page printed OK but then the last part looked like a double exposure. The toner rubs off a little easier than it does from a print on regular paper.

Afterwards blank white paper printed with a lot of marks & smudges. I had to clean the fuser rollers to get things somewhat back to normal. There are some black marks on the upper roller that won't come off & these may be creating faint smudges on newly printed white paper.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I put a sheet of the preprinted paper through the laser printer. It didn’t seem heavier than regular 20lb paper but had a slightly different feel to it. I fed it through the front opening just to keep it flat. The first half of the page printed OK but then the last part looked like a double exposure. The toner rubs off a little easier than it does from a print on regular paper.

Afterwards blank white paper printed with a lot of marks & smudges. I had to clean the fuser rollers to get things somewhat back to normal. There are some black marks on the upper roller that won't come off & these may be creating faint smudges on newly printed white paper.
Sorry for the poor outcome. Now you know. Thanks for sharing so that others can benefit from your experience.