[SOLVED] safe to xeon e5 1620 running at 84 degree C under full load?

vish1756

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014
Currently i have a temporary workstation PC which has a xeon e5-1620 0 running a 3.6ghz before i start using it to render for days together i wanted to confirm if running at 84 degree C under ful cpu load is alright for this processor? when the system is idle the processor sits at around 50 degrees. on intels website it says the safe temp for this processor is 64 degrees https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...20-10m-cache-3-60-ghz-0-0-gt-s-intel-qpi.html but im not sure if its for the processor under full load. The work station PC provided to me seems to be some hybrid HP work station with xeon e5-1620, 32gb ram, k2000 2gb GPU. I havent noticed the fans making any crazy loud sounds which rendering as many people mention and I am using corsair link to monior the temps across different components on the systems.

Last edited:
Solution
Currently i have a temporary workstation which has a xeon e5-1620 0 running a 3.6ghz before i start using it to render for days together i wanted to confirm if running at 84 degree C under ful cpu load is alright for this processor? when the system is idle the processor sits at around 50 degrees. on intels website it says the safe temp for this processor is 64 degrees but im not sure if its for the processor under full load. The work station provided to me seems to be some hybrid HP work station with xeon e5-1620, 32gb ram, k2000 2gb GPU. I havent noticed the fans making any crazy loud sounds which rendering or so and I am using corsair link to monior the temps across different components on the systems.
If you are confused, get...
Currently i have a temporary workstation which has a xeon e5-1620 0 running a 3.6ghz before i start using it to render for days together i wanted to confirm if running at 84 degree C under ful cpu load is alright for this processor? when the system is idle the processor sits at around 50 degrees. on intels website it says the safe temp for this processor is 64 degrees but im not sure if its for the processor under full load. The work station provided to me seems to be some hybrid HP work station with xeon e5-1620, 32gb ram, k2000 2gb GPU. I havent noticed the fans making any crazy loud sounds which rendering or so and I am using corsair link to monior the temps across different components on the systems.
If you are confused, get a monitoring software and measure the temps at 100%. However as far as I know, those temps are completely fine and you should not be concerned. Laptops run at basically 100c and people aren't concerned. Don't overestimate your temps,

Solution

vish1756

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014
If you are confused, get a monitoring software and measure the temps at 100%. However as far as I know, those temps are completely fine and you should not be concerned. Laptops run at basically 100c and people aren't concerned. Don't overestimate your temps,
ok thanks. I ve seen desktop i7 processors running at 85 degrees but then again they max temps intel says for i7s are around 90 degrees so its cool in this case intels saying the safe temp is 64 which is way below what im getting at 100 percent currently which is the main reason for my concern. here https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...20-10m-cache-3-60-ghz-0-0-gt-s-intel-qpi.html

TRENDING THREADS