Safe voltage to overclock 290x

Finn Donnelly

Reputable
Apr 20, 2015
I'm going to get an MSI Twin frozr 290x soon. I may overclock it, and if so, i was wondering what the safe limit of voltage i can put into it without dramatically shortening the life of the card - Finn

Solution
Hi and welcome to Tom's forum.

Since the GPU will be MSI, I guess that your are going to use MSI Afterbuer. In that order, I suggest you find the max stable OC using all the tools that the software have.

What about voltage? You do not be worried about that, even with the "max" voltage available in the application you won't see a "1, 2 or 3" years life shorting in the GPU, even, I am pretty sure that you can resell that GPU few months or years later without any problem.
Hi and welcome to Tom's forum.

Since the GPU will be MSI, I guess that your are going to use MSI Afterbuer. In that order, I suggest you find the max stable OC using all the tools that the software have.

What about voltage? You do not be worried about that, even with the "max" voltage available in the application you won't see a "1, 2 or 3" years life shorting in the GPU, even, I am pretty sure that you can resell that GPU few months or years later without any problem.

Solution

Finn Donnelly

Reputable
Apr 20, 2015

Thank you very much.