[SOLVED] "Safely remove hardware and eject media"

Feb 10, 2021
No Icon and the name in the taskbar settings is not "Safely remove hardware and eject media" instead its Windows Host Process (rundll32.exe) it doesnt show any USB or External HDD even when i use the Create Safely Remove Hardware Shortcut

My pc can read USB and External HDD the only problem is the "Safely remove hardware and eject media"

WINDOWS 10 pro - activated
Fresh Installed OS
Windows Update already Updated
No missing drivers or any Unknown device in Device Manager

Colif

Win 11 Master
try this
right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth
and press enter

SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

Feb 10, 2021
try this
right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth
and press enter

SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC
No Icon and the name in the taskbar settings is not "Safely remove hardware and eject media" instead its Windows Host Process (rundll32.exe) it doesnt show any USB or External HDD even when i use the Create Safely Remove Hardware Shortcut

My pc can read USB and External HDD the only problem is the "Safely remove hardware and eject media"

WINDOWS 10 pro - activated
Fresh Installed OS
Windows Update already Updated
No missing drivers or any Unknown device in Device Manager
Done Already Nothing Happens and also scanned for viruses thanks for helping

Last edited by a moderator:
That command is there mostly to tell the drive "hey, the user wants to disconnect you so finish up writing any data." As long as you're not writing anything to the drive, you can usually yank it out without a problem. The worst that would happen is the last thing you tried to save to it gets corrupted.