Safely Remove Hardware Icon

How do I get rid of this???? Keeps telling me that USB Mass Storage Device
can safely be removed from my system????

Malke

avispon wrote:

> How do I get rid of this???? Keeps telling me that USB Mass Storage
> Device can safely be removed from my system????

You can't "get rid" of it (you wouldn't want to), but you can hide it if
seeing it bothers you. Right-click the Notification area (System Tray)
and select Properties. Under the Notification Area heading, click
Customize. Find the Safely Remove Hardware icon and select "Always
Hide" in the Behavior column next to it. Apply and OK out.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

I know that is in easy work around, biut my question is why is it appearing
in lower right corner, never had it before

avispon wrote:
> I know that is in easy work around, biut my question is why is it
> appearing in lower right corner, never had it before
>
> "Malke" wrote:
>
>> avispon wrote:
>>
>>> How do I get rid of this???? Keeps telling me that USB Mass Storage
>>> Device can safely be removed from my system????
>>
>> You can't "get rid" of it (you wouldn't want to), but you can hide
>> it if seeing it bothers you. Right-click the Notification area
>> (System Tray) and select Properties. Under the Notification Area
>> heading, click Customize. Find the Safely Remove Hardware icon and
>> select "Always Hide" in the Behavior column next to it. Apply and OK
>> out.
>>
>> Malke
>> --
>> Elephant Boy Computers
>> www.elephantboycomputers.com
>> "Don't Panic!"
>> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

OK, click on the icon and view the items listed! You have obviously
added some kind of removable device. Get with the program! Clicking on
the icon is not DEATH!

I never had this icon before !!!!