[SOLVED] Safest and best way to transfer HDD data to SSD

Apr 25, 2021
I just got an external SSD for my laptop and I'm trying to transfer all HDD data from the laptop, into the new SSD so windows will be faster. What is the easiest and best way to do this, because downloading shady programs to help worries me, and I want to have the most safe and secure way to keep my files safe, and have the internal HDD as a backup. Any links to websites or videos help, thanks.

Solution
What is the make and model of your new SSD? If the SSD and HDD are of the same form factor, you can grab an USB to SATA adapter or a drive dock like this to migrate data off the HSDD and onto the SSD. Why not have the SSD as the boot drive on your laptop? Depending on the make and model of your laptop, you can have both the SSD and the HDD in the same form factor. On that note, make and model of your laptop? SKU would help us two fold.

Lutfij

Titan
What is the make and model of your new SSD? If the SSD and HDD are of the same form factor, you can grab an USB to SATA adapter or a drive dock like this to migrate data off the HSDD and onto the SSD. Why not have the SSD as the boot drive on your laptop? Depending on the make and model of your laptop, you can have both the SSD and the HDD in the same form factor. On that note, make and model of your laptop? SKU would help us two fold.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS