Sager NP6852 Gaming Laptop Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompompaihn

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
I paid $1299 for my 1060 laptop....this price point doesn't make sense to me. The 1060 is leagues faster for most things and can be found at basically the same price, and the Dell is leagues cheaper but only marginally slower. You're stuck with the GPU on a laptop, that should be your defining characteristic....get the fastest damn GPU you can possibly afford and you can address RAM, SSDs, etc. later.

Erathbun

Prominent
Apr 25, 2017
For those interested, I recently bought this laptop and opened it up to find two copper pipes on the CPU and it even looks like the GPU has a larger pipe. They seem to have responded to criticism. So far, I am very happy with this laptop.

StormFalcon

Reputable
Sep 20, 2015

It is $880. I don't know how the reviewer got ripped off so hard. Never buy straight from manufacturer, get it from Xotic.

Erathbun

Prominent
Apr 25, 2017
Curiously, I did buy it from Sager "Directly" (which isn't really direct anyway). I checked out Xotic and many other sites before buying. Unfortunately that $880 price tag does not include any OS or shipping so it worked out to be more expensive.

So maybe the have just slightly improved the design of the 6852 at Clevo and going forward the cooling is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS