Sager NP7338 or EON13-S?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jettmanzer0

Reputable
Jul 17, 2014
Sager NP7338 or EON13-S? I've been looking for 13-14" computers for a while now, will be purchasing soon, my budget is around $1,400. I've heard good and bad things about both computers. The Sager I've heard can have bad build quality and heat could be an issue, though I did select a diamond thermal compound and copper piping heatsinks and whatnot, but I'm still worried about heat as it's been a huge issue with my current laptop (Alienware M18x). I haven't really heard too many bad things about the EON13-S, the main issue being that the fans can supposedly get very loud at load, which may or may not be an issue for me, I've never been bothered by fan noise before, I'm just worried that maybe it's louder than I've heard before. I generally just want something that will last that I can use for both school and a bit of gaming. Of course if there's another, better laptop for around the same price range please feel free to suggest. Any help is appreciated!

Solution

They're the exact same laptop.

@OP: This decision pretty much boils down to who you feel most comfortable with purchasing from and the final price. Both of these models are just rebrands of the same Clevo W230SS laptop. We sell this unit too, and for what it's worth, with the new 860M video chip in it, it runs cooler and has been pretty reliable.

They're the exact same laptop.

@OP: This decision pretty much boils down to who you feel most comfortable with purchasing from and the final price. Both of these models are just rebrands of the same Clevo W230SS laptop. We sell this unit too, and for what it's worth, with the new 860M video chip in it, it runs cooler and has been pretty reliable.

Solution

jettmanzer0

Reputable
Jul 17, 2014
I'm mainly just worried about heat and general longivity of each laptop. I feel like Origin may be a bit better to purchase from, they seem more reliable but to be honest I don't have much to go on. I've recently been looking at the GIGABYTE P34Gv2-CF2, but I haven't really heard much from this company and I'm worried the build quality might not be so great. The only complaints I'm finding on the internet are about it's cheap looking chassis, which wouldn't bother me but I'm worried about it possibly cracking. I'm getting a new one because my M18x is so bulky and flashy it's not really much use for school, especially considering it barely fits in my backpack.

Those are laudable concerns. This Origin/Sager laptop (which, again, is a Clevo 230SS but with their names on it) had some heat concerns when it was equipped with the 7xxM card. The 860M chip in it now runs considerably cooler since it is a new architecture, and since the laptop was re-released with the 860M, we haven't had any negative feedback or a common denominator defect. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.