Saints row the third shoddy performance on a GTX 590 rig?

G

Now I heard that the game (in the title) has some performance problems but with the graphics maxed out at a resolution of 1680x1050 (in which I can run BF3 maxed out without a single dip below 60 fps), I get frame rate drops to the 50s when im driving fast in a car or when there are a lot of explosions, and sometimes even into the 40s when I'm looking at the city from afar or when i'm flying around in a jet plane.

My rig:
Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX 590
Intel core i7 @3.8ghz
8gb of G.Skill Ripjaws RAM

My drivers are updated all the way. I am wondering, should I be concerned about these frame rate drops? because I don't really feel that my video card should lag that much at that kind of a resolution...

EDIT: The issues with ATI performance are well known and more or less have been fixed, but the difference is that I'm using an Nvidia Graphics card.

G

Obviously it feels laggier, what kind of a question is that...

Gothams Finest

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011

I'm getting tired of poorly optimized games and crappy console ports, make me wonder why I spend so much money on hardware.

G

I tried running at 1920x1080 but it didnt run any better obviously, lol. Like i said, at that resolution i can max out BF3 but this game makes my computer FPS drop to the 40s?

just seems really damn wierd is all.