Sakti3's Solid State Batteries Promise Double Capacity, Better Safety, Lower Costs

Status
Not open for further replies.

azathoth

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
Please, just actually make it to market. (In a timely manner preferably as well.) Always hearing about new technologies, that remain unseen for decades in the consumer market.

none12345

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2013
Solid state huh? I think they just mean dry electrolytes. Because pretty much every battery on the planet is solid state... The anode and cathode of pretty much every battery ever sold, is solid state, its just the electrolyte that can be dry or wet.

Unless they mean solid state as in no ion exchange, which means a capacitor not a chemical reaction. Of course then that's a capacitor not a battery, so they probably don't mean that. Id frikking love a capacitor with twice the energy density of a battery tho, that would rule.

If they mean a dry electrolyte, just say it, don't call it a solid state battery, which is mostly meaningless.

There are liquid batteries, but those are the niche products. The current trend word for those are 'flow batteries' heh.

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
With no concrete time table for it going to market I'll put my money down on sulfur oxide batteries coming to market sooner. Since they have a 3 fold power per size advantage over current Li-po batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.