SALE: 50% Off Mass Effect This Weekend on Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.

ominous prime

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
Damn, and I paid 50$ for it and never really played it. Guess I'll give it a go again now that you've reminded me Miss McEntegart.

Although I'm rather addicted to Dragon Age Origins, Bioware makes some great games, and some very PG sex scenes, lol.

G

Boycotted the game because of DRM issues.

DRM removed and $10, sold, just bought it.

G

Eh, I bought the retail version for $16-$17 once they removed the activation limit. It turned out to be an awesome game. I would have paid the release price if the DRM hadn't been so strict.

juliom

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
[citation][nom]Computer_Lots[/nom]This is like the 50th Steam story I've read here. Are they advertisers or what? Not that there's anything wrong with that. Tom's gotta eat[/citation]

No, but Steam's weekend deals are SOOOOOOOO nice :D

G

I will never buy a steam game again. I bought 6 steam games and cant play any of them now because Steam is buggy and cant connect to their servers.

isamuelson

Distinguished
Those of us on Windows 7 need to do a few things to get this to work correctly. I don't know if this affects just the 64-bit version (which is what I run on), but I had trouble getting this to run.

If you are attempting to run the game and even though it appears as if it's loading but eventually it doesn't, then you need to create an icon on your desktop. Right click on it and set the compatibility mode to by Vista SP1 or SP2. This fixed the problem for me. Now, if I could just get it to load faster. Currently, it takes about 2 to 3 minutes to load. Once it's loaded, the game runs great and I'm only 15 minutes into the game but I'm already enthralled by the story and can't wait to see what happens. Oh, and it looks gorgeous.

Status
Not open for further replies.