SALE: Holiday Games Heavily Discounted on Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunflier

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Mirror's Edge ($4.99), Grand Theft Auto IV ($7.49), Defense Grid ($2.49) and S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl ($1.99).
No favors here. I'm pretty sure I can get these "super" games from a torrent site.

visa

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2006
Eh picked up a handful of games for a grand total of $30. Torrents are nice and all but I don't mind spending some money for quality games.

G

"Forget Steam. If I don't get a key, I'm not buying the software."

Err you do get a key. You dont get a physical disk but you definitly get a serial. At least the one game ive bought through steam i got a key for.

-------

Good prices, but i dont like any of those games, oh well.

theramman

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
Yeah they really dont have alot of jusr super games..

A few i wanted to try but thats about it, may pick up a few some when i want something almost new ;)

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
Steam's actually a really good service. I have more than one computer, and I'm usually imaging one of them for some reason, or installing a new partition, or tinkering in some way or another... Steam allows me to just install the lightweight management program they have, and then painlessly download my games again... with updates. I've purchased a few single player games there at good prices, and it makes my life easier.

Of course, I could go to a torrent site, download the install, then try to find a legit cracked exe, then search for patches, and waste all kinds of time, or I could just buy games at a fair price off Steam and be done with it. My time's worth too much to be jacking with fucking torrent sites, and piracy.

[citation][nom]sunflier[/nom]No favors here. I'm pretty sure I can get these "super" games from a torrent site.[/citation]
It's people like you that make PC game devs blame everything on piracy and not make PC games.

rbarone69

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
Steam provides a decent service. I love when I reformat my installs are as simple as logging in and installing. Now... the bad part is if you ever want to "give" that game to anyone you cant transfer the damn thing. I mean WTF.

Oh well, for $5 it simply isnt worth downloading over a torrent and dealing with all the BS that goes along. If you work a job over minimum wage it isnt worth the time IMHO.

Support your game developers people!

lolwuut

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
Steam makes my life sooo much easier. When upgrading from windows 7 RC to retail ultimate, I just threw my /Program Files(X86)/Steam/ folder on an external drive, formatted and reinstalled. Then I downloaded and installed the steam client to populate registry and took the Steam folder from the external and overwrote the installed one with it, launched steam, performed a quick update on each game and walaa. Didn't even have to take the time to download 100GB of games. Steam is awesome imo, and great for people who:
A: Aren't Communists
B: Value their time and convenience
If you fall into the above categories I recommend not using torrents.

lolwuut

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
Steam makes my life sooo much easier. When upgrading from windows 7 RC to retail ultimate, I just threw my /Program Files(X86)/Steam/ folder on an external drive, formatted and reinstalled. Then I downloaded and installed the steam client to populate registry and took the Steam folder from the external and overwrote the installed one with it, launched steam, performed a quick update on each game and walaa. Didn't even have to take the time to download 100GB of games. Steam is awesome imo, and great for people who:
A: Aren't Communists
B: Value their time and convenience
If you fall into the above categories I recommend not using torrents.

visa

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2006
[citation][nom]lolwuut[/nom]Steam makes my life sooo much easier. When upgrading from windows 7 RC to retail ultimate, I just threw my /Program Files(X86)/Steam/ folder on an external drive, formatted and reinstalled. Then I downloaded and installed the steam client to populate registry and took the Steam folder from the external and overwrote the installed one with it, launched steam, performed a quick update on each game and walaa. Didn't even have to take the time to download 100GB of games. Steam is awesome imo, and great for people who:A: Aren't CommunistsB: Value their time and convenienceIf you fall into the above categories I recommend not using torrents.[/citation]

Good call; didn't realize you could do that. Wish I would've known that 5 days ago when I reloaded my PC but I'll just get my money's worth out of my ISP for now ;)

athreex

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
That's quite cheap but I've never used Steam.

BTW, someone commented that if Steam ceases to exist, all games are gone with it. also, do you actually get the serial license key when you get the Steam game ? If you do, then, why not simple buy the game through steam and download the DVD/CD image .ISO version of the game and install it with your own valid license. (Could be the ones in the torrent sites).

Correct me If I'm wrong, but I think that 's pretty valid.

acecombat

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
[citation][nom]Shadow703793[/nom]It's people like you that make PC game devs blame everything on piracy and not make PC games.[/citation]
I have no problem shelling out >$10 for a good PC game from steam. The problem is when they release games and expect $40-$80 for a game (I'm in Australia so the prices may be different for you guys) and then they end up being crappily censored (L4D2) because of stupid laws!!!

the_krasno

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
Ima about to blow $100 dollars on this, which is a lot of money on the country I live in. BUT WHAT THE HELL, IMA GETTING LIKE 50 GAMES SO IT SEEMS LIKE A GREAT DEAL TO ME.

Status
Not open for further replies.