SALE! Psychonauts is $2/€2/£1 on Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
My brother introduced this game to me not too long after it came out. I was understandably a little skeptical, given that I had never heard of it, but don't let that fool you. This is an excellent game. The graphics were good for that time, but the really gold was the game play/story and the witty humor of the characters.

tpi2007

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006
[citation][nom]njkid3[/nom]will it work on win 7[/citation]

Well, I don't know much about Steam's innards, but I would assume that given that Steam works on Windows 7, it will play.

duckmanx88

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
[citation][nom]njkid3[/nom]will it work on win 7[/citation]
the demo doesn't work but the game itself does work on win7x64. bought it yesterday.

zerapio

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2002
Neat, I've been wanting to get this game for a while but kept forgetting. Thanks for the reminder and certainly can't complain about the $2 :D

XD_dued

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
[citation][nom]tpi2007[/nom]Well, I don't know much about Steam's innards, but I would assume that given that Steam works on Windows 7, it will play.[/citation]

eh i got bioshock on win7 steam and sound doesn't work...so i dunno about this explanation...but if it works for vista x64 i guess it'll work for win 7

duckmanx88

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
[citation][nom]XD_dued[/nom]eh i got bioshock on win7 steam and sound doesn't work...so i dunno about this explanation...but if it works for vista x64 i guess it'll work for win 7[/citation] my sounds works fine. i had problems on vista. you gotta edit the startup files. go on the steam forums and look for sound issue threads.

grillz9909

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
[citation][nom]XD_dued[/nom]eh i got bioshock on win7 steam and sound doesn't work...so i dunno about this explanation...but if it works for vista x64 i guess it'll work for win 7[/citation]

bioshock's sound is known to be very shitty

anyway if the game is only $2 then I may as well buy it, and if it's no fun it'll just sit there next to tf2 and all the rest of these cheap 'gems'.

wingnuta72

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
The game was done by Timothy Schafer the same guy who was involved in Maniac Mansion, The Secret of Monkey Island, Full Throttle, Grim Fandango and Brütal Legend. If you have played any of those games and like the sense of humor you will know what to expect.

lvlouro

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2008
this currency exchange sucks 2$=1.427€=1.234£

So € using countries are in fact paying more than US and the UK's paying less than US... on average an UK citizen earns more than European or US citizens...

This in a small scale doesn't seem much but take MW2
$59.99 = €42.80 = £37.02

the real prices are UK £39.99 EU €59.99

So in europe we pay $84.07 for the game while UK pays $64.79

lowguppy

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
I bought it on sight for $2 on steam, even though I've played it.

Its made by Doublefine, which is led by the designers of classic Lucas Arts games like Grim Fandango and Monkey Island. They're also responsible for Brutal Legend, which has had some mixed reviews, but is still a very stylish and creative game. Psychnonauts is no different, just in a more familiar place gameplay wise.

isamuelson

Distinguished
It works for Win 7. I purchased it through Steam over a year ago. I first played this game on my original XBox and loved it. Playing it again on the PC is great. It definitely can take you a long time to play, especially if you're looking to collect everything under the sun.

I like how each area is different and requires different strategies to get through them. Think of this as Super Mario 3D on acid. Definitely worth the trip! (no pun intended!)

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
It's criminal this game wasn't a success it's one of the most original and fun games I've every played and has a wicked sense of humour. Consider that games like Halo 3 sold 6 million on one platform just shows how dumb people can be at times, when an below average shooter like Halo 3 sells bucket loads and a classic game like Psychonauts has barely reached 1 million sales since 2005.

Status
Not open for further replies.