Salvage a laptop that won't boot properly?

HaierI

Reputable
Apr 18, 2014
I have a hp pavillion g7-1150us. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02... A while back the hinges gave out and I'd have to hold the screen up myself. After a while, the the screen started to get discolored with the wrong hues coming and going. I found I could still get it to work if I connected it via HDMI to a hd screen. Eventually the screen cracked. So, I decided to retire it and I took out the memory card and hard disk. Then, I decided I wanted to use it again and I put the parts back in and hooked it up to the tv. When I turned it on, it's own screen was black and the hdtv got no input. Instead the fan would just keep whirring at top speed. I tried removing the hard drive and turning it on. The computer turned on and the fan wasn't too fast bu the hdtv got no signal after connecting came up for a bit. Is there anything I can do to salvage it? I think I might have damaged some component - perhaps the memory card- but I think it might be the graphics card and the internal video cable.

Solution
Get rid of it! Its not worth the money of a graphics card to salvage it! You would be better going off with a brand new or refurbished computer!

Hope this helps!

TRENDING THREADS